Tuesday, December 7, 2010

the christmas barn....



As promised...more of the 2,413 photos I took Sunday at Northwind Perinnial Farm.

This is my last post on this.

I swear.

~ wink ~

I just love this place, so I have to share it with you. I would feel bad keeping all this beauty to myself!



I have a serious 'thing' for barn doors. They are so beautiful...and the craftsmanship that goes into each one is unreal. I would so love to sneak this one off its hinges and bring it home with me!




Northwind closes down around the first part of October to prepare for the Holiday displays. They reopen the weekend before Thanksgiving...I really should have gone earlier. So much was already sold...it is amazing how many people come for a visit when they set up for Christmas...but it is still so gorgeous!






I love the industrial lighting and chippy, old paint furniture they use in their displays...




I am slightly obsessed with the farm table and the 3 galvanized buckets...




The grand piano inside the barn is pure genius...I love how it is a focal point...even from the outside. If you missed that in yesterdays post, have a look. Sliding the barn doors open so you can see the piano from outside was a fantastic idea!




I love the feeling of a huge old barn...the soaring ceilings and loft that you can see just a peek of here remind me of the barn at our farm growing up. I would say that wreath was about 6 feet in diameter...stunning!




I love this room.

The white beams, the industrial lighting, the chippy cabinets and natural tree.

* sigh *

so pretty.




Just for the record, I am on the hunt for a piece of fretwork like the one in this photo to the left of the green cabinet.

I must have one for my fireplace wall!




Here we go with that barn door obsession again.

That would look stunning at the end of my hallway.

Just in case someone sees one similar.

Remember me, ok??





Oh my, the stalls.

The stalls were my favorite part of the barn.

Truly.

Until you have seen them in person, you just can't appreciate them.

So dreamy with their worn wood and yet even more industrial lighting inside.



There is my little kitty friend again I talked about in yesterdays post.

Oh, and each stall was done in a different vignette.

They were soooo gorgeous, I cannot even tell you.

I did take some photos, but since I have no idea how you use this new camera, the industrial lights and my lack of skills did not get along very well.

But take my word for it.

They were...stunning!





My very favorite part of the day...

Kinda hard to make sense out of what this photo is, because it was a very tight space I was in.

But I know there is a farmgirl in the crowd out there that will get right away what this is!

.........they put their Christmas tree in the silo.



Genius!

      There was a big, beautiful real tree, surrounded by 4 chippy metal retro-motel style patio chairs.

I wish the space wasn't so tight...it was awesome!!



I have received so many emails from my Midwest peeps that want to go for a visit and soak in the beauty for themselves. Thank you for sharing the love! 

Here is the website for Northwind Perennial Farm. Their hours and directions are listed, but do call before you go, even through it says they are open through Decemeber 12th. I believe the owner told me they didn't have enough stock left to stay open through next weekend. I would hate for you to make the trip only to find out they are closed!

If you want to see the outside of the barn and photos for the gounds..check out my post from yesterday here.











62 comments:

  1. These pictures are gorgeous! What an incredible place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way those clip lights are all throughout and also the strip of brick flooring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the most "grand" barns I've ever seen! It's just perfect in it's own worn way :)
    How far from Louisiana is this??? LOL
    Wish I could make the trip...
    Thanks for showing this, your photos are fab!
    blessings
    Becky C

    ReplyDelete
  4. that place is fabulous mary. you could spend days there and not see it all. where in wisconsin???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soo jealous! What a beautiful place!!! I love everything!!!!! It isn't that far from Michigan right?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What an amazing place! I have a booth in a barn, but the barn doesn't look that good! The building is good, but some of the dealers have been there for 15 years! You know the kind (blue hair and glassware)! lol! Back to the barn! I love everything about it! Oh and a door obession! Last count I had about 85 doors out in my building! I've sold some of them off, but I just can resist them! Just bought 3 more a couple of months ago! lol! Sorry for rambling on! You have a great week!
    Theresa
    aka:TOT

    ReplyDelete
  7. my husband and I just looked at all these pictures and how awesome for them to give new life to their barn...and treasure it! that one is a beauty

    and I'm totally going in the spring...what a fun trip that would be!!

    Great pictures Mary...and btw, I'll be getting back to you about May right after the holidays.

    xo+blessings,
    Anne Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible! Thank you so much for sharing it with us all - I'm off to visit their website!
    Happy day to you & yours,
    ~ Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that place is heaven on earth to me. Thanks for sharing your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg ... was going to go in November but got sidetracked
    I have a friend who sells there ...

    h.e.a.v.e.n.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so beautiful!! We were in Wisconsin over the weekend too...wish I would have known about this magical place...next year I will be checking it out! Thanks for sharing!!

    Londen

    ReplyDelete
  12. This makes me want to book a flight! What a wonderland of cheer. Thanks for taking us along with your gorgeous photos. Wish I lived closer. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. This place is amazing! It's a gorgeous barn! There is a family here in our valley who converted an old family barn into a home decor store. She's been in business for 10 years and has built on to the old barn. I am going to do a post on her in my brand new blog, time will tell. Come visit me at timewilltell-marie.blogspost.com!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the barn I could live in there couldn't you all?

    I knew a girl who bought some land and it had an old barn on it and she bought it without here husband even knowing about it, and moved the family in it. They put running water and electricty in . The kitchen was fabulous but the entire community was talking about this poor family who moved into a barn. Was not the case at all they all loved the adventure.looking back she was pretty smart and creative

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything is just beautiful. What an amazing barn full of treasures. Your pictures are gorgeous
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW WOW WOW! It's gorgeous, every corner of it! Talk about an amazing barn! I think I could have stayed all day!

    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Mary~ Thank you for such a sweet compliment.. I thought I'd pay it forward :) and I linked to you in my blog post this morning! Wow~ I am completely amazed at this place you are sharing. I definitely need to get in the car with my husband and drive there soon! I love what they have done with the barn~ too much cuteness!!!
    Lara xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Northwind and get there about twice a year in the spring and summer. Your pictures are absolute eye candy! I felt like I was walking around the barn looking at every nook and cranny. Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Simply Amazing! Thanks for showing us.~Cheers Kim

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh...you would never get me out of there....ever!!! I am going to look at the photos again,they are so full of ideas..love this post! Oh and I hear you I too have a major barn door fetish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh wow! i won't complain if you keep posting pics! such a great place!!! thank you for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great place! I will try to visit for sure next year. I love when stores have kitties wondering around. It makes the place that much more special. Thanks for the wonderful tour!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fabulous place! Love all the pictures.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  24. This place is absolutely gorgeous, Mary!! I browsed through your last past, too... all I can say is they're living the dream!!!
    I just saw your etsy shop is open on your sidebar... yay... I'm off to check it out!
    Have a wonderful week my friend!
    xoxo,
    Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this, thank you for sharing. I have never lived on or near a farm, but I am so drawn barns, I want one of my own.

    I am going to share this post on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty Mary...love that last photo!! Wishin' I lived closer:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. that looks like such a fun place to visit. I'm with you- those barn doors are so drool worthy.
    I had a (!) moment looking at the photos when I saw our oval mirror on the table next to the green hutch! :) I recently painted ours white though, it's not gold anymore!
    Thx for the fun field trip.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love this barn. What a fun place to shop. I think shopping there would take me twice as long for I would be distracted by the beauty of the barn itself at every turn. That barn door (first pic)is gorgeous - I'd love to make one just like it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I LOVE this place!
    Totally gorgeous!
    I wish I could go shopping there;)
    Lovely greetings...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Just LOVELY.... So much to see.. :-)

    Warm blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an amazing place! So gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. beautiful and your photos make me feel like i'm there. i love those doors they are really great! hope all is well! susan

    ReplyDelete
  33. that place is gorgeous! i so wish i lived closer! i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. i wouldn't be sad if you posted a bazillion more photos :) all of them are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing such deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love it, thanks for sharing!! My boyfriend's family has an old barn similar to that....I can just imagine it done up like that. Wonder what he'd think of that, LOL!? ;-)
    ~michelle~

    ReplyDelete
  37. The tour of your trip there has been so fun! Makes me want to jump in the car for a road trip! I don't think there is anything around here nearly that fun.

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a cool place! I bet you found some amazing things. Thanks for sharing!

    -Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks so much for sharing all these great pics...I'd love to seeit in person...but being on the east coast...not sure I ever will...so again thanks for giving me a tour!
    That tree in the silo...crazy beautiful!
    I think I'll start looking for my own barn here in the Carolinas!
    Have a great week!
    Tammy :-)
    JUNK WILD

    ReplyDelete
  40. You had be at 'barn door'....amazing! Thanks for sharing! I just spent my husbands paychecks for the next year just 'shopping' through your pictures! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh my gosh!!! So beautiful. I wish I could have seen this in person. Especially those stall vignettes. Too bad your camera failed ya there. Ha!! And that piano as a focal point is genius! Love the tree in the silo...gorgeous!!
    Thanks for sharing the 2,000 pics!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  42. you have the most beautiful barn set-up I have ever seen!!! truly wonderful geat display and imaginative -glad I found you

    ReplyDelete
  43. THis place looks so cool Mary! I am in love!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh, simply heaven! Thanks for sharing. I really want to have a barn sale next year. I have a really big barn, some stalls, tons of room...

    ReplyDelete
  45. It is simply beautiful, I love the juxtaposition of the old barn, lights and the earthiness of the decorations combined, truly lovely. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow, this is so inspiring.
    I am closing my storefront store at the end of December and am planning to set up open houses from our barn. "Our barn" is nothing like this beautiful old farm barn but it gives me lots of ideas for ours. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow ---- the light shining on the barn door in that first photo is just stunning! And yes....like you....my eyes immediately went to those buckets on the farm table. LUV!!!! This place would definitely be worthy of a trip!!!! Who wants to come with me....???? lol!

    xoox laurie

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wiping drool off my chin ... seriously yummy all the way around!

    Happy Holidays Mary!
    xo
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  49. I am in love with that barn! AND everything in it. . . and outside of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. What delicious eye candy! Thanx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Stunning...beautiful!!!!
    Thanks for taking me to dreamland!! Didn't want it to end!

    ReplyDelete
  52. don't know how I missed this post last week but it is wonderful...i see why it's one of your favorite places. Can extra special hubby make you one of those barn doors? Gosh I love those, too.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Fantastic! Hope to make it up there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Wow wow wow....sorry it took me this long to see this post and for that matter your blog!

    xx
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  55. Gorgeous pictures - I had to share on facebook!♥

    ReplyDelete