Thursday, December 9, 2010

i heart House of White...




A few weeks ago I stumbled on a blog that I am in *love* with and I just have to share...

House of White

Jenni and Lisa are friends, and creators of House of White. They love decorating with shades of white and a twist of vintage charm. They are both driven by the desire to have not only a beautiful home, but one that functions realistically for a family with small children. The imperfect charm of vintage and the bleachability of white made the House of White aesthetic both lovely and functional for their busy lives.

Jenni pointed out to me that since they both live in the Northwest, so much of the year is gray and rainy. And I cannot agree with her more, there is nothing better than coming home to a bright, cheerful house, filled with shades of white!

So here you go girls...soak up some House of White eye candy, then pop over to their blog to see for yourself.


You know how I feel about houses with wood ceilings...love. Pure love. I cannot stop staring and dreaming when I look at Jenni's living room!



Isn't it just beautful??? For a second I thought it was a picture out of a Pottery Barn catalog!




And that staircase garland with those beautiful ornaments...

made it herself.

yep. handmade.

AMAZING!

I think I am going to be getting my craft on this weekend, thanks to a little inspiration from the House of White!




And this is the photo that first drew me into their blog.

Jennie and Lisa painted these chairs and made those lovely covers for the seats!

Aren't they beautiful?! I loooove that pleated ruffle!




Now go on, click over to their blog and take a peek into the world of Jenni & Lisa...




Oh, and I have to mention the most fabulous part...they sell their painted furniture and vintage goodies!

If you are lucky enough to live near Camas, Washington...you can find their treasures at Camas Antiques.

Otherwise...if you are like me, and can only dream of spending hours perusing Camas...I am happy to say you can shop House of White on Etsy!

"Tis the season...and they have some fantastic things in their shop!

Happy Thursday everyone, once again I can't believe how fast the week is going by!





36 comments:

  1. Thanks Mary! You are making us blush! Just know the feelings are mutual.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Mary, it looks fabulous, I'm on my way!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I've gotta go get me some paperwhites! They look fabulous in all that lovely ironstone. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS. I can't wait to check it out. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, I'm heading over to their blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well yay...I'll have to check it out:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, wow, my mouth dropped first at the floors, then the beuatiful staircase, and all the decor, fabulous! i wish i had that talent, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny Mary...I was just over there the other day and LOVE her home too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a aesthetically gorgeous home from the interior design to the architecture. Though I am not a fan of dark wood.. I'm a pale maple/white/birch tone gal... I am drooling over how much wooden floor is in that house! :) Thanks for passing along a really nice blog to look into~
    Lara xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. heading to check them out...can't wait...loved every picture that you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!! Going over there now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My dream house....if I didn't have to compromise with my sweet husband! Oh well, I can always look at pretty pictures - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want that staircase!!! Now how can I talk hubby into making ours look like that....?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoo HOooooooo!!!! That's my neck of the woods girl!! Sweet!!

    xo,
    Shellagh

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE their style!! Thanks for the info!! I live in WA too!! Hugs, Rachel ;)

    *French Farmhouse 425*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh MY! Thanks so much for passing this one to us. I can't wait to read their blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mercy! That staircase garland got me!! It's ALL so beautiful...and yes looks like the PB catalog!
    Thanks for sharing...heading over to their blog right now...
    Happy Friday!
    Tammy :-)
    JUNK WILD

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my, how pretty. Thanks for passing this along :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sigh....

    Thanks so much for sharing Mary!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh! Everything is so beautiful!!! And that garland!!?? Oh my!! Gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Simply beautiful! And they honestly, seriously have babies amongst all this white?!

    ReplyDelete
  22. lovely! i am going to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  23. beautiful, beautiful, beautiful in every way...those chairs...I heart!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Her home is gorgeous...love the garland on the staircase.

    oh...and how you doin'? (done with a Joey accent...you know from Friends)

    Dude

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning! I love everything! It does look like it came out of a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow. Gorgeous. I agree - it looks like something out of a catalog! That ceiling is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So enjoyed browsing their blog! Lots of beautiful things to see.
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a gorgeous space! They are talented! Have a lovely day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a beautiful home! You're right, it does look like it's out of a catalog. Thanks for sharing the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, simply a breath of fresh air! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  31. In my next life I'd like a house like this. It's stunning. Thanks for the tip.
    Cheers, jj

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for the heads up and lil preview! They are in my neck of the woods, so I will definitely check them out! I can relate to the need for light and bright this time of year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yes, her home is absolutely amazing!! And, you are so generous for sharing. Thank you. Between your blog and the things you've shared recently, I am feeling like I've struck pay dirt. Thank you, thank you, and nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for this post about Camas - my hometown. I grew up on this street, so this was really a treat to visit memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous, everything is so beautiful, and all the decor awesome.online bed sale UK

    ReplyDelete