Monday, July 5, 2010

minnesota or bust...



Girls, I am so stinkin' excited...it's ROADTRIP TIME!

This Urban Farmgirl is heading Up North for a few days relaxing and of course I will be turning every junk shop throughout Wisconsin and up to Minnesota up.side.down!


Do you have any idea how many goodies one can find down all those long, winding, tree lined country roads Up North??

It is amazing what treasures the Midwest has hidden away! 



Who knows...I may even knock on a door or two 'American Pickers' style. Watch out Frank & Mike...there is a new girl in town and she knows how flash a sweet smile and ask an old farmer dude if she could look through his old barn. (No offense to Frank or Mike...its just...well...you are men...and my approach is...lets say...different. So call me if you want me to ride along on your next trip.

(Oh, and Andrea I know you are reading this...you are comin' with me too, of course!)



Anyhoo....you are probably wondering what these crazy photos have to do with my little holiday in the Northwoods....

Well, let me tell you.


Not one. darn. thing.


But, they are from my last little buying trek across the Midwest. You remember, right?? Back in May I breezed through Southern Illinois, Missouri, Oklahoma, Iowa and Kansas. I almost needed a semi to drag home the loads of goodies I scored for my upcoming trek to Junk Bonanza this fall!

But all the loot I came home with...

that was NOT the highlight of my trip.

Lets just say this short time on the long, open road through Kansas was a sweet spot in our little trip.

My sweet man now calls it my 'Clark Griswold moment'.



Now for all of you that have no idea what that means...go rent the 80s movie 'Vacation' with Chevy Chase and you will see what I mean. There is a momentary, imaginary love affair Clark has with Christie Brinkley when they are driving down the highway together. Remember that??

Except I was not so much after the cute young thing behind the wheel.

Even though he was pretty dang cute. Straight out of an Abercrombie ad, actually. The aviator sunglasses did have me swooning a little, I have to admit.



I was just lusting after his truck.

I'll be back in a few days, girls! Can't wait to show you what I find!

27 comments:

  1. Haha, love it! Good luck on your travels and hope you find some wonderful things!

    Save travels to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Welcome to my part of the world! And, I'll definitely stop by and see you at Junk Bonanza!
    Your lovely giveaway arrived while I was out of town and I finally got through sorting all of the mail. THANK YOU, again, SO MUCH!!! Happy junking! Can't wait to see what you find.
    xx Suzanne PS: Cute truck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm heading to MN also...but not till Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like lots of girls are headed north. My daughter and I are road-tripping to Anoka this week! Care to share the stops you are making? I promise not to get there first so you can have first dibs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally get it...that truck rocks! You lucky girl...another road trip...now I'm officially jealous ;o) hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son would be lusting after that one, too. He really wants a vintage truck!!!

    Have fun,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so funny! I totally agree...that is a cool rig.
    Hi Mary,
    I'm jealous, too! I want to go on a road trip that's all about shopping for antiques...maybe someday (sigh). Can't wait to see all the fun you had. :)
    Have a safe trip!
    Hugs ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. Oops...how did that happen (lol)?! Well, you know how I meant to type it. We're on the last day of our trip, and I'm a little tuckered out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a blast, be safe, buy lots and lots of fab junk!!!

    XO,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary I can tell you am intrigued beyond!! What a trip!!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! What fun!!!

    : )

    Julie M.

    ps Drooling and driving do not mix!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! Love road trips!! We are taking one in Sept!! And I hope we stop at many barns and antique stores on the way as well.
    That yellow truck is way cool and the guy driving it isn't so bad either! Ha!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need a road trip and a young cutie, but driving and picture taking would send me over the guard rail. Good thing you have a good partner to help you live in the movie moments. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to go on a road trip! I don't think my kids at this point in time would appreciate it. Have a great safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm cracking up b/c I totally know that spot in the movie & can picture you snapping his photo & him thinking what the what! Have a great time junking - SO envious here :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it! I love that movie and its hilarious to picture that scene in the movie...but I agree...digging the truck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a wonderful time, can't wait to see what you come with!! and I was just telling the pool man that American Pickers needs a girl on their team SO BAD..and you would be fabulous!!!! tell andrea I said hello, and give her a hug, do you think she is the hugging type? xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, I know that guy! Just kidding. I'd love to know the stops you make on your trips--what fun you must have! I could never get hubby to do this for more than an hour, and none of my friends have the same feeling about junk trips like me. Sigh. Only in my dreams, or through blogs like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this post with the pictures I hope you find some great treasures. I love that show so you should knock on peoples doors and buy their junk!

    I'm in Ames by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wish I was riding shotgun! Have fun. I would fight you for that little truck, you can have the trucker!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness he is one cool drink of water.- Slap me silly and call me susie. Hope you find lots of Hidden Treasures.

    Warriorwoman =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I so want that truck! I lust for a truck like that. Maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You will get to experience all the midwest has to offer this week - incredible heat, thunderous flash flood storms, beautiful summer days, and some of the best "junk" finds.
    Did I mention I am jealous?
    As soon as my van is road worthy again, I need to plan a roadtrip.

    ReplyDelete
  24. ha! too funny, yes I agree nice "truck" ;0)
    alicia

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've just discovered your blog and have enjoyed it! I am from MN--a small town girl. I am now living in TX...got married off to a Texas boy :)
    I am enjoying looking through your archives. It's so fun. I love the pictures of the road--makes me miss the Midwest!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So funny... I saw a truck just like this yesterday... diff. color... but the same style... it made me think of your post!!! (:

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete