Thursday, July 29, 2010

my thursday...



Well girls, no pretty pictures today.

Just a whoooooooole lotta reality going on in this girls life today!

So come along for the ride...I have a list of about 397 things I have to do today, but the most important thing is that I have to prepare to go here this weekend...




Which means I have to pack 2 of these...and 2 cars so full the wheels almost pop off.




So once I am done with that...

I have to sit down with this...




And try to.............figure.it.out.

Oh yeah, this is the part where I am going to feel soooo old.

I am dreading that call to my super-cool 17 year old niece. You know the one....where the Aunt has to break down and ask how to use her new cell phone computer thingy. 

Ugh.

I was cool once, I swear.

If it rings before I have my little conference with her, I have no idea how to answer it.

So no one call me until after about 10pm tonight.

 By then I hope to at least know how to talk on it.

I swore I would never have a phone like this.

You see, a girl that calls herself an "urban farmgirl" has a reputation to maintain.

That means a simple life.

I somehow don't think answering emails while I fly down a gravel road looking for my next load of junk fits into the "simple life" category.

Oh well, "progress".....is what they call it??

Hmmm.

So after a few minutes of dealing with this new phone thing...

I know I am going to be curling up with this to relax and bring me back to my happy place.




I am super excited because my sweet friend Layla's home is featured...

You know Layla...the uber-designer extraordinaire from The Lettered Cottage...

I took a peek already...I couldn't help myself!




Ahhhh...I am so happy I have something to look forward to at the end of this crazy day.

Happy Thursday, girls.

P.S. If you are coming to the show this weekend (Kane County Flea Market)...stop by and say "Hi"...once again I will be in my usual spot in the Arena Building, which is across from the Main Office. I have 6 spaces again...so it really is a "sea of white" that you will find me in. I always smile when someone comes that reads my blog and says "oh my gosh, it really is a sea of white!" Ha!

P.S.S. And since you girls cannot seem to get enough of them...I have 100...yes, 100!! white painted empty frames this month. I sold out in the first hour last month so come early!

P.S.S.S. And don't forget while you are there to stop by and see my girls! The Iowa Junk Gypsies will be in their usual spot...near the NW Gate...look for the 2 big tan tents! They have the best booth at the show! Tell them I sent you!

Hope to see you there!

34 comments:

  1. I'm sure you will get it all done...even the part of fiquring the cell phone out :)
    Wish I lived closer...would love to come and shop! Amy @ thepineappleroom.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe we will finally meet ... sigh ...


    I got an iphone not long ago ... was sooooo determined ... figured it out !!!

    it has changed my life and already paid for itself a couple of times over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always stressful preparing for a show--and I only have to pack an SUV full. Goodness I can't imagine what it takes to pack to box vans!

    Enjoy the show. I know it will be a success. Drink water and enjoy the company!

    Oh, and I'm right there with you on the electronics thing. I was never cool, well maybe the two years I was a high school pom pon girl, but never before or since then. My hubby or kids have to show me everything when it comes to stuff like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how I can relate to the niece figuring things out for their "old" aunt. Thank goodness for them. Good luck at the sale sounds like a great one, to bad I live in California :(. Love your post, take care,
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Layla's home, what a lovely thing to see it featured!

    I hope you can do all the many things you have planned!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would sooooo like to come and see you and your friends and your sea of white! I'm going to look for that issue today!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girlie, thanks for the shout-out! We are hoping for a great weekend! 100 frames? You are a nut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh how I wish I lived near by! I suppose you'll just have to travel to KY!! haha! Good luck with the whole phone thingy. My 7 year old knows more about technology than me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the phone, It would take me way to long to figure it out so I'll stick with my simple one :) Good luck this weekend!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a new reader as of this morning. I bought the magazine before you made your post for today while shopping for our family trip to Minnesota next week. I couldn't wait to hold photos of Layla's cottage in my hands!!

    I am with you on the whole cell phone with email/web capabilities. My phone calls people and texts people...I'm surprised I can even do that!! Hang in there! And i'm LOVING your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats and good luck on your upcoming show!! Sounds like it is going to be a good one.
    Oh and have fun too! Wish I could come!! Sigh!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mary,
    Ooooh... I wish I could be there to see all of the fabulous goodies you're going to have for sell!! I'm sure you'll sell out everything. I sure would like to get me some of those empty white frames!
    And don't even get me started on all the electronical gadgets that I have no idea how to use and drive me absolutely crazy (lol)!
    Have fun this weekend, and I wish you lots of sells!!
    Hugs ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun time to be had this weekend, good luck!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your post made me smile. I'm the same way with these new items. I don't think my kids believe I was ever cool, but really we were at one time, weren't we? Have fun at the sale!
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hard work but I am sure your show will be successful! I look forward to hearing how it turned out.

    Good luck!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! I found my way over via Layla at The Lettered Cottage! What a great blog you have! And I understand about being cool once. I have to ask my 12-year-old how to do things electronic! yikes!
    Have fun at the flea market!

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Mary~
    I have my heart set on going this weekend~ so if I'm there, I'll come see you! Your booth is in such a nice location. Oh yeah~ Iowa Junk Gypsies.. love LOVE their booth!!

    Good luck with selling your pretty furniture & I hope the weather's not too humid.
    xoxo, L

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wish I could be there! I would love to meet you and see all your goodies:) I used to be cool too. Now I have a complicated phone that I don't completely know how to operate too:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So funny! I swore I'd never have an iPhone, and what did I get last month? Yep, you guessed it!

    Have fun at the big flea!

    Big hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope the flea market goes great for you and that you sale a ton of stuff.

    I understand the whole cell phone thing as I have to ask my two teenagers to help me with anything electronic. Don't know what I will do when they are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hear you on the phone "how-to" stuff. I have an iPhone and still don't know how to get my messages. Ugh. One of these days I'll figure it out.

    I wish I was in your area. I LOVE flea markets. Hope the sales are hot!

    jj

    ReplyDelete
  22. good luck with the show I'm sure it will be great!
    alicia

    ReplyDelete
  23. do you know how sad I am that I don't live anywhere near illinois?

    Have fun and take pics and tell us all about it...

    can't WAIT to get my copy of Cottages and Bungalows!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hope you have a great time selling. I will be at the next one and hopefully I will see you. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You just tickle me! I tell my kids (14 yr old twins and an 8 yr old) that I used to be cool too. I'm NOT sure they believe me. At. ALL. I SO wish I could come see your goodies! Good luck at the market!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, that flea market sounds so neat. We don't have anything like that where I live (in British Columbia). Do you ever post pictures of what your set up looks like?
    Thank you SO much for your wonderful comment on my blog. I am happy that you like it.
    Have a great weekend and tons of success at the market.

    Jessica from Sea To My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I live in central Wisconsin and we don't have any huge flea markets like that. My hubs would love it. He has a huge garage full of junk (I mean treasures) that he picks up from auctions, garage sales, you name it. He loves the Pickers show too. I think that would be his dream job.

    Wish you were closer.....

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh what I wouldn't give to come swimming in your sea of white!! It sounds amazing!! I am up to my ears today cleaning out my garage...ugh.
    Best of luck with your phone and your show!!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  29. have fun at the market! i have a cool niece too can't tell you how often it's come in handy for me. enjoy the day! susan

    ReplyDelete
  30. Have fun! Wish it were closer to me =(

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sounds like you do a ton of inventory! One 16ft box truck is enough for me! Hope you have a great show!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would love to be shopping in your sea of white. Instead I am home. Dreaming... of shopping in your sea of white.:}

    Good luck with your phone. My husband recently got the droid. He now "butt" dials me all the time. Talk about feeling old. My 16 year old, super -cool nephew had to tell me what that meant:-)))

    Have a fabulous week!
    xo,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh....I wish I lived closer! Sounds like so much fun, Mary! Hope that you sold two truck loads!! lol! And good luck with your new cell...I haven't a clue and am not sure if I want to have a clue.... lol!

    xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

    ps Gotta go find a copy of that mag, too....

    ReplyDelete
  34. I won't be able to make it to Kane county but looking forward to seeing you at the Junk Market in September! It is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete