Thursday, December 1, 2011

pharmacy cabinet potential...




I do the craziest things. 

Constantly. 

I fly by the seat of my pants, jump in with both feet and hope it all turns out for the best. 

And I think this time I've done something that just might turn out to be quite fabulous!

Today my sweet hubs is taking me 5 hours to Indiana to pick up {FOUR} of these beautiful old pharmacy cabinets....once upon a time they were all lined up along the back wall behind a pharmacy counter. I found them in a little town in Indiana on my way to the Country Living Fair in September. They are so worth the trip back to pick them up! I hope you can see the potential like I do! 


( My apologies for the ugly photo...but I took it with my iPhone in a very dark antique shop. )



Not so spectacular now...but just you wait!

Each of the 4 cabinets has had a 1960s refinish job that went bad. Very, very bad. The pulls they put on are just tragic, the shelves hurt my eyes and the color of the stain....well...I am not having a love affair with that either. 

I plan on spending a little time this winter giving them the library pulls that would have been original...the kind that hold the little paper card - {LOVE!}....new stain....new 'old' shelves. I think the cabinet may reach out and hug me for making it pretty again. 

Happy Weekend, girls! 

Indiana here I come!





24 comments:

  1. Oh no - these are going to be so amazing! I cannot wait to see them finished with your touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that cabinet you bought a way back for yourself and this reminds me of that. I think they ooze potential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the finished product! Oooohh I'm envious!! love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun and fantastic project that's gonna be! Think of the storage possibilities.....and 4 of them? Not fair, not fair..lol!
    Just kidding, I'm so happy for you, have fun with this one.........:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. They will be gorgeous when you are through with them! Will you be keeping or selling? Have a great road trip today and tomorrow...you a still going to Perennial Farm in WI? I've gotta make a trip there, have heard so much about it! Thanks for your sweet comment on my vintage crate shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet Hubs is wishing you sold jewelry about now, instead of giant furniture. But they will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, those are going to be gorgeous!!

    Blessings... Polly
    (p.s. no Kane this weekend. I originally got us a spot in expo but decided against it this week. My gram passed away so we will be busy with funeral and family stuff)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are going to be beautiful when you're done. You have a very nice hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot wait to see it all prettied up by you! Be safe! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowee! These are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know, I may have a space for one of those here...say in March ;) truly love them. Like, really, really bad!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! What great cabinets! Can't wait to see them when you finish!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  13. If Saskatchewan was closer I would drive you just to see those great drawers! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These will be great. I love that you see the potential and don't give your money to PB. These are old and old rules... this old friend's mantra.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure you will do something amazing to it with your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO gorgeous! I mean, the potential is *right there*! I love the bones - love how many things you can do with this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mary you are amazing! i know those cabinets will be fantastic when you get done with them!! susan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow........complete awesomeness!!!!! :)

    xoox laurie

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE that!! I can so see the potential! Can't wait to see what you do with this ugly duckling. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. what an amazing husband you have that he would drive all those hours to get those with you! They are super wonderful! They will look gorgeous the old fashioned way too! Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Driving that distance to pick up FOUR pharmacy cabinets is not crazy at all. The fact that your husband is going along on the trip is proof of this ... husbands rarely participate in craziness. What a great find!!

    Do you have a source for the library pulls? I've been looking, and haven't had any luck yet.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  22. You ask some good questions here and bring up some interesting points. Thanks. Pharmacy For Sale

    ReplyDelete