Monday, April 9, 2012

a beautiful Sunday drive...




I hope everyone had a Happy Easter!

 It was such a beautiful day here, it was a perfect 68 degrees, the sun was shining...and the scenery on the way to my Mom & Dad's house was more beautiful than ever! I just could not resist showing you the beautiful area where they live...it is just so peaceful. I was laying in the hammock for a while and all I could hear was the wind and the cows down the road mooing every once in a while. {sigh...such sweet silence I miss now that I live with neighbors all around me...}

During my drive, I pass so many beautiful red barns...



and white ones, too...this is on of my favs, it is HUGE...I have always thought I should live here and make this barn into my shop. Isn't that big white area in the front calling for a big sign that says "urban farmgirl'? Someday...




I drive this path through the country a couple times a month. Without fail, when I pass this farm this doorway ALWAYS has a rooster or a horse perfectly posed in the doorway. I swear they know I am coming...




And then there are the calves...




I just can resist them...I mean look at those faces! How can you not want to pull over and take their picture? They were all out in the pasture grazing and as soon as I got out of my truck they ran right over to the fence. Cows always love me for some reason. They must know I love them back. They are such beautiful creatures...




Speaking of cows...I pass a LOT of farms with cattle on my trip...but these cows I always refer to as the Lottery cows, because they have got to be the luckiest cows on Earth. I mean seriously, look where they get to live! Waaaaaaay down there with a beautiful pond that is all their own and winding roads...{sigh...I want to live down there!}



They belong to that gorgeous red farm across rolling hills with ponds and lots of yummy grass for grazing. Lucky cows. 




There were a couple rebel cows that separated themselves from the herd and were way at the top of the hill by the road...look at the scenery behind them! Love....



I am so lucky to have such a beautiful place to visit. The view from my parent's kitchen window is just so beautiful...eagles fly over the hills, farmland as far as the eye can see. It is such a magical corner of the world. It was a perfect day in a perfectly pretty place. 

Hoping you all had a wonderful day, too!

Ok, back to work for me! I have a lot of furniture to paint today! 24 days until I have to load my trucks for my first show of the year! Ahhhh! I have no idea how I am going to get it all done! Anyone want to come help?! Hahahaha!


27 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Yep, I'll come help...just name the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! So peaceful. I'd come help too - I love to paint furniture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this post so much! I am just reading The Grapes of Wrath by Steinback and wonder how it is like the life on the countryside nowadays there.

    Cecilis from Hungary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, it's pretty there! What a view.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful...love the barns and the cows. So tranquil!!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cow faces. I think they are so cute. Now those big boys are separated for a reason......they are the Big Daddys. Beautiful farm....yes they are the lottery cows. A farm I pass has a certain bred of cows that look like teddy bears.....just love seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where were these farmland pictures taken? It looks a lot like Galena. I love cows too; they are so cute. Beautiful photos...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos! Love those barns...yes, you NEED the white one!! The cows are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful area! It looks a lot like Galena! All the rolling hills. Love those cows, too!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness...how beautiful! I love the rolling hills!! There aren't many rolling hills here in Northern Indiana:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where in the world is this? So beautiful, it reminds me of upstate New York with lots of barns and silos!
    xoRoberta

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pictures! Love the barns! Love the cows! Love the rolling hills....it does look like the drive from NW Indiana to Galena! Beautiful and peaceful.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sooo wish I lived closer, or you lived closer...would love to help, I have alot to paint around here too! And my love of cows was something of a surprise to me when I moved to the country, CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF THOSE SWEET THINGS!! Glad I found your blog, you and I are similar spirits!!
    Baileywife

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your photos are so beautiful I love the style of barns you have in the US and the countryside is divine, thanks for sharing your cow love as I love me some cows too they are adorable :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful country photos! and yes, that white barn is indeed calling "urban farmgirl" :) i love sunday afternoon drives in the midwest... i think it's magical as well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. nothing like the country. those cows are so darned cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos..
    I love the barns..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wish I could live in the country...but I am in the "burbs" and you just have to keep sharing the beauty with the rest of us....
    wish I could come help you....
    Nancy
    wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous area, Mary! Where is it? Oh, you've gotta love those cute cow noses! Just wanna squeeze'em! lol! I must admit...there IS no place like country living. The peace and quiet, rolling hills, big ol' barns.....It's truly heavenly. :) And yup....LUV that big white barn. I've been trying to talk Hubby into painting ours white for many years...to no avail. lol! I can certainly see a big "Urban FarmGirl" sign on that gorgeous barn, though! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  20. What gorgeous views- I love the red barns :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. beautiful drive !! lucky you...lucky them !!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVED the tour of the rolling farmland! It reminds me of Ohio and I must say, made me a little homesick. I live in the Lowcountry of South Carolina now and I miss my hills and the country roads especially this time of year. Thanks for taking me along for the ride, blessings, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  23. What great photos W.T. ...and I just wanna plant a big kiss on those cute cows.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful photos! I can appreciate the rustic beauty of this, as I live in a small rural town in Michigan that looks similar...
    I love how you captured the personality of the cows, and the white barn.
    Have a great week,
    Jenah

    ReplyDelete
  25. love your photos! the bottom 3 pics looks like we might have been enjoying the same scenic countryside. last week we drove up the mississippi side in illinios from the quad cities up thru galena into wisconsin. ours was also a lovely drive. happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are a nut! But so am I! I always either roll down my window and talk to cows, or get out of the car and walk up to them.
    I can't resist, and my husband thinks I'm crazy. So do the cows, Ha!

    XOXO,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love these photos.I live down the street from a dairy farm and next to a horse farm.I LOVE it.It makes me smile every time I drive to the store.I have been following your blog for a while.But now I am a follower.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete