Wednesday, April 18, 2012

feeling random...




You can always tell when Flea Market season is here...my blog posts become less and less frequent...and my days revolve around a paint brush and a warehouse busting with furniture waiting for a makeover. Since I have not posted this week, I thought I would just do a little 'follow up' to a couple recent posts and let you know what has been going on here at Casa Farmgirl. 

Let's see..

Speaking of furniture...I have been painting a LOT lately, so in just a couple weeks I will be back at the Kane County Flea in St. Charles, IL with a whole lotta this...there will be my usual white with a little black, gray, aqua and a few other colors sprinkled in. 



I had such a huge email response to my post about my trip our to my Mom & Dad's for Easter. To answer everyone at once...the photos of the barns and the cows are mostly from farms along Hwy 20 between Stockton and Galena, IL. A couple are from a road I don't know the name of that branches off of Hwy 20 outside of Galena going towards Platteville, WI. If you drive that route, you should be able to get some of the very same pics, but wear tall boots! You have to walk through some very deep ditches and over a barbed-wire fence. The things I do to get shots for you girls! Haha!




I have yet to decide on a color roof for my exterior reno. I am seriously leaning towards the charcoal gray roof with a light gray paint color on the body of the house and charcoal shutters. But I am sure I will change my mind by tomorrow morning.




My new Willow Sofa from Crate & Barrel that I discussed here has had delivery pushed back to 'early or mid May'. Grrrr....could they be a little less specific? I get so annoyed when a product that is always promised as 'in-stock' suddenly takes a month to arrive. I guess I am just excited to get my sunroom pulled together. 


I know I still owe you a post on the flooring I chose for my sunroom. Right after we installed it, we had a week of cloudy days and by the time the sun decided to come out so I could get good pics, I was in the throws of furniture painting. 

{sigh}...I need a personal assistant. 



I am been out 'pickin' like crazy because I am super excited to be a vendor at the Nada Barn Sale this year! I am collaborating with a few of the most wonderful girls I have ever met! Susan from Maple & Magnolia, Julie, Anne and Nancy from Tattered Tiques (they have an incredible shop in Lake Barrington, IL where I sell my vintage wares) and Stacey from A Sort of Fairytale.

It is going to be AWESOME! Be sure to come out and say Hi!

(and for those of you that have emailed, I will not be selling painted furniture here, but my very favorite vintage finds...look for a little preview here and on my Facebook page prior to the sale in May)



This found me yesterday on Pinterest. Something I so need to remember these day...isn't the photograph amazing??? This is from the equally amazing Jeanne Griffin Oliver...love her and her incredible style. 



Well, that is as good as it gets for today, girls! I am off to the mighty warehouse to paint today. The countdown is on...the flea is 2 weeks from Saturday...YIKES!

Have a happy Wednesday!




30 comments:

  1. Wow Mary, you are busy girl!
    And if you want, I can be your PA, was my profession, I'll just hop and fly over to yours if you want. (oh and hope some new people found your blog, it's the blog of the week over at mines).
    Good luck with everything!
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the bedroom suite at in the top pic! Are you taking that to Kane? Do you sell elsewhere?I live in IN. & am looking for some great great furniture for our new house!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only sell my painted furniture at Kane County Flea in St. Charles, IL...but I have a lot of customers that come out from IN! Not sure what part of the state you are in, but if you can make it, it is such great market to make. A good variety of things, and there are so many shops in the downtown area, too! Hope to see you there this summer! You can find me in the 'arena' building!

      Delete
    2. Oooh, and I forgot to answer your other question! That bedroom set was from a show last year. It is sold. But I will have a few similar to that at the May show!

      Delete
  3. So wish I could shop your stuff at nada....i could be your long distant assistant if you want ;o) should I apply?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you could, too! And you are in! You could totally be me intern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go for that color combo. I love it. It's classic!!!

    I ordered a new sofa too... didn't end up with the Crate and Barrel one. I went with the PB comfort grand because I needed it to be looooong... I saw the PB basic and it was too too small... was going to drive out to C and B but I had the swatch delivered and it was too dark to match my existing white pieces. Hope yours comes soon!! Mine is scheduled for end of May

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited to see your finished room. Your white painted furniture is so pretty!
    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your furniture is so beautiful! How I wish you were in the Pac. NW! I was in St. Charles many, many years ago and loved the quaint little town...would love to go back someday. I so enjoy your inspiring blog! Can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The exterior combo you're considering would be so nice! I'm really digging grey's right now and think it would look so nice on the exterior of a house. Good luck with getting all your projects done, you sure look busy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Mary - you've been busy! Don't know how you find time to work on your own house. I hate waiting for stuff I've ordered, too. Bet your sofa will be worth the wait, though. Looking forward to the pics when it happens!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me when you mentioned Galena and I went over the moon when I saw PLATTEVILLE. I graduated college from there as did my dad, mom and brother. I have driven those roads, many times. Fabulous photo vistas.

    Love your gray choice for roof and shutters and your C&B sofa is wonderful!

    Waiting for furniture to arrive is the pits . . .

    Hope I will be checking you out at Kane County . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. How I know what it is like to be anxiously awaiting something special and have it be delayed....so frustrating! You will be thrilled when it arrives and can't wait to see the photos....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Wish I Had A Warehouse! The pic of all the painted furniture really was exciting to me...I have some of those pieces...now just to find the time and space to get them looking as great as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait for a chance to get out to one of my favorite flea markets! =0
    LoveLoveLove the barns! Gorgeous! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had the same problem with my sofa... we bought it in Sept. and we didn't get it until mid Feb. grrr! and we bought local. You are busy girlie! I can't wait to see what you are taking to Nada! I wish I could come shop. Maybe I need to hire you to be my personal shopper! heehee! Oh and that exterior combination is gorgeous! It has my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun to be at Na-Da farm.I am sure you are shopping like crazy to prepare.Love that sweet photo of those cows.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  16. i thought we might have been in the same area of illinois. pretty country we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I got tired just reading this post, LOL! You are a busy girl! The sofa delivery issue would drive me nuts! I can't stand when something says in stock and then suddenly, isn't. Grrrrr..... Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy moly, Mary - could you have any more on your plate...??? lol! Your furniture is going to fly out the door so fast it's gonna make your head spin! It's absolutely gorgeous!!! :) What colors do you usually use?

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love love love your pretty white furniture! And I hope your sofa issue resolved. Sometimes they say XDATE and it arrives much sooner. Keep your fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy painting. I'm right there with you. See you at Kane.

    ReplyDelete
  21. so excited for Nada! good luck with the painting...i get tired just thinking about you doing it...
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE the cows !!!! Sooo cute. (oh yeah, love your blog too)
    Ciao,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome blog....so glad I popped in! I've added myself as your newest follower. Hope you can drop in and see me sometime soon. Love the Cow photo!
    Happy Spring Ya'll from Houston, TX

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVELY PICS:) I really like your blog and will happily follow. If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
    Have a great week.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well I for one, love your little random posts.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sounds like you've been a very busy girl! Good luck at the show!
    tot

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oooh…fun! You Midwestern girlies have it made in the..farm…land.

    : )

    Julie M.

    ps I've always favored charcoal roof tops.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Can I ask what kind of roof you went with. We have a gray cottage in MI and I need a new roof and trying to figure out the best shade. Would love any help!

    ReplyDelete