Thursday, November 29, 2012

today is the day!





I cannot believe it is finally here. It feels like Christmas morning. 

Today is the day my little shop opens for business!

 I am excited yet nervous to see what will come to be after tonight. The shop is stacked and displayed...vintage goods at every turn. At 5:00 I will unlock the doors and hope there will be girls on the other side, ready to laugh, eat a few cupcakes and maybe even shop a little. 




I am excited to have a few of my favorite people along on my little adventure. When the idea of this shop first came to be, I knew immediately I wanted to support other girls that love what I love. I didn't want to fill my shelves with things I just ordered from a catalog and were shipped in from who knows where. I wanted to support those that have always supported me. Girls that love their craft. Love vintage. Fellow bloggers, local artists and etsy shop owners were at the top of my list. 

You may recognize some of these amazing women...and if you are coming tonight, I hope you will support them as well. 


I will do a little feature on them one by one...but if you are local...stop in say 'Hi' to some of them in person. Stacey, Traci and Mona will be at the shop tonight along with one of my favorite friends and bloggers, Susan from Maple & Magnolia

I better run. Lots to do before 5:00. I hope to see lots of smiling faces tonight! And remember, if you can't make it tonight...I am open Friday & Saturday from 10-4!

Want a little sneak peek of the shop today? You can follow me on Facebook or Instagram under 'urbanfarmgirlandco'. I will post a few photos from around the shop as I am working away today!


27 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your idea and shop opening. I am sending two of my Rokrd/Belvidere friends your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited!!! see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEEEEEK! Big day...so so excited for you. Take pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you! Wish I could be there! I am local and I will visit soon!
    Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I can't go, but I'm sending my mom Saturday since she lives closer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your first day. I am sure you will have much success from this venture. Congratulations on dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Mary .... that is soooo exciting! I wish you a night of happiness and lots of sales!! I wish I could be there but we are open until 8 pm tonight but I will make it in on one of your upcoming weekends!

    hugs,
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  8. see you soon, my friend! BIG CONGRATS!!!!!! Thank you for including me in your lovely shop :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Y'all have a ball.....exciting! congrats!
    xo
    kara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I am too far to come tonight, but I will next time I am in Rockford. I am sending my sister and her good friend. They are nearly able to walk from home! We are so very excited for you...and us. Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on having reached this moment - savour, enjoy and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YEAH! Congrats Farmgirl! We are so excited for you. See you tonight!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so excited for you and wish I was closer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hooray. Wishing I could call in sick and drive over,so who wants to sub in my behavior classroom? Maybe HUBS? He could handle these kids :) Anyhow,I know it will be fabulous. Have a ball. I'm spreading the word over on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wishing you lots of success with your beautiful shop!! And wishing I could be there...say hello to Traci & Stacey for me;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats!!!! so happy for you! wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How exiting! I have been following your blog for a while and somehow it slipped by me that the store you are opening is two blocks away from where I live!!! I drove by the store so many times and wondered what would fill this cute little store. I visited the flower shop many times. I was so sad to see it go. BUT now I am just thrilled to have you in my neighborhood!!! Thank you for the key! See you soon again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. so sorry i am in arizona helping my mom after surgery and will not be able to stop by to say hey and congrats.

    best to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! I can only imagine how happy and excited you are! Wish I lived nearby to shop one day. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh how i wish i were closer! i'd love to see your shop. i'm sure its filled to the brim with deliciousness that only a antique lover /interior design amateur / and junker like me would love.
    i too am on a similar journey with a shop just a mile down the road from me. helping out a dear older friend with a revamp and redecorating of her shop.
    i wish you well and look forward to this weekends results!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am so excited for you! When do we get to see pics of the shop? I bet it's gorg! Congratulations! You guys are going to do great things! -Kennesha from Restoration House Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am so excited for you! When do we get to see pics of the shop? I bet it's gorg! Congratulations! You guys are going to do great things! -Kennesha from Restoration House Interiors

    ReplyDelete