Monday, October 19, 2009

my name is Mary...and I am addicted to beadboard

Seriously. I think I have a problem with my love for beadboard.
I want it everywhere...walls..ceilings...and I want it all to be white.
I want the real deal...the 3/4" boards...salvaged pieces would be fantastic...they are just so pretty.
I especially love it with layered paint...

Check out this mirror. I did a little happy dance when I realized I have the exact.same.one...in my warehouse...ready to be painted.
I love moments like that.


(photo: Country Home Magazine)

I just started a reno on my home office space. It is the smallest bedroom in my house...about 13x11.
Would it make a small room seem smaller if I added beadboard to the ceiling?
Would I be crazy to add beadboard over perfectly fine plaster??
Wait...maybe I don't care if it is crazy.
I am so lucky "the man" in this house thinks all my ideas are awesome.
He just wants what I want.
Love.that.



(photo: Old House Journal)

Texture. My other 'obsession'.
Love the old wood walls next to the smooth clawfoot tub.
Lovely.



(photo: Country Living)

I am in LOVE with this powder room!
I am trying to find a way to incorporate a window like this in my home.
Fabulous idea for a divided wall.



(photo: Country Living)

This bathroom has my two favs in one space!
Beadboard..and gray marble.
And the door on the window in this bathroom??
I need it.
Thats all I can say.



(photo: unknown...drop me an email if you know!)

The ceiling in the picture below is my dream for when I start my kitchen reno.
The farmhouse I grew up in had a ceiling like this in the dining room.
I miss that house so much.
Funny how you don't appreciate things like a big ol' farmhouse it until you are older.



(photo: unknown...drop me an email if you know!)

So I want to know...is there anyone else out there that shares my beadboard love??
I would love to hear if anyone has it on their ceiling!
Send me pictures!! I want to hear all about it.


7 comments:

  1. you gotta do what you love...right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same addiction!! I say go for the beadboard on the ceiling, it will only make the room even cozier (;

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our old house had beadboard on the ceiling of the screened in front porch and I absolutely loved it! You're right, we do have a lot of the same loves :)

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary!! your blog looks fabulous!! I love this post as you have described some of my favorite things too!! **sigh** one day I will have crown molding and large base baords...gotta have dreams right? XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. We covered our bedroom ceiling in tongue-and-groove beadboard. (White, of course!) Alas, we moved to a new house just a few months later. I miss that ceiling so dang much! It was a ton of work, but I'm hoping my hubby will forget about that part soon enough to do it again in the new abode. :)
    ps- Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking to do a victorian farmhouse bathroom spruce up -
    L O V E your post!

    Lisa
    Ode to June

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary - I've just started reading your posts from the beginning. I don't know how everyone isn't in love with beadboard. Part of our kitchen actually used to be a porch and we have the original beadboard ceiling. We put wider tongue and groove up on the rest of the ceiling. More beadboard has gone in on a wall in our master bedroom and in both bathrooms. Our entryway and laundry room will also be done with beadboard when we get to those rooms. Love your blog and your etsy shop! -Katie

    ReplyDelete