Thursday, November 5, 2009

erin's buffet makeover...


I love a good before and after...so here we go!

This is a buffet I started yesterday for a client...and I just finished it up so thought I would snap a few pics. Sorry they are not the best. The sun was going down, so it was a 'now or never' scenario...as it usually is for me.

It needed more than a little love when I came across it. When I saw the picture I wasn't quite sure about this one...but it was solid oak, from the 1930s...deep down I knew it had potential. A little fixing and a few coats of paint later...viola! One mighty fine piece of furniture!

BEFORE:



AFTER:



The handles on this piece are just awesome...and the doors and bottom drawer have a lace looking overlay on them. So pretty! Click on the photos to make them larger and see the details...




Isn't it amazing what a little paint can do!?