Wednesday, November 18, 2009

my friend Anne...


I am lucky a lucky girl. I have wonderful friends in my life.

One of those friends is Anne. I met her last year when she came to a show I was selling at. You see, Anne loooooves painted furniture. She is changing over everthing in her home...she wants a softer look. Out with the Oak...in with the paint! She quickly became one of my best customers, but I had no idea she would become a friend. We ended up seeing each other so often during our "furniture exchange rendevous" that we did just that.




Anne is so easy going. And real. A genuine, honest person. Those are hard to come by. She doesn't pretend on any level. She is up front, and you can feel the "take me as I am" feeling in the air when you talk to her. She doesn't pretend to be anything more than herself. I love that about her. She is not pretentious. She is not interested in the label that is in my shirt or what kind of car I drive. She is simple. She is real. And I need more people in my life like her.

I am so very sad because my friend has recently learned she has Breast Cancer.


She was shocked. And so was I. I have never had someone close to me have cancer. She had no family history, had her exams regularly...how could this happen?? Her doctor told her only 8% of Breast Cancer comes from family history...I had no idea! The rest of the statistic is what he called "environmental". The foods we eat, the air we breath. I was stunned!

I don't mean this to be a sad post, really. I am not into dwelling on the sad moments, and neither is Anne. She is treating this as a minor speedbump in her life. Like it will be over soon, and we will move on. The day before she was to have surgery she insisted on bringing me a load of furniture to paint for her. I couldn't believe it. One would think you would have so many other things on your mind, but Anne has plans. Cancer is NOT going to get in her way of a beautiful dining room!

I was thinking of her all day yesterday while I painted her chairs. It got me thinking about the time we have and how we need to do the very best with it.


So that brings me to the reason for this long, some-what sad post. I want to send my friend a care-package. Just something to let her know I am thinking of her. But I am at a loss. I don't know what do send. That is where you girls come in. I want ideas. I want to send fun things. Things to lift her spirits and make her laugh. Things that will comfort her after Chemo.

Please...take a second to leave me a note. Let me know what you would send a dear friend going through a rough time. I want to make her smile.

(lovely photos from Kristybee...)