Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I have plans for the barn wood!!!


Oooohhh...I found my first project for all that barn wood I am soon going to have!!

If you missed the post about the corn crib (we will call it a barn just because it sounds so much cuter...) that was given to me for the wood...read my previous post...here.

And yes, it will confirm that I have lost my mind. A 35-year old girl is not your usual "gimme a hammer and pry bar I am going to rip down your barn with my bare hands prospect." But, if you know me...it totally makes sense.  

Ok, so back to my inspiration...I am so stinkin' excited! I was in Restoration Hardware yesteday and I had one of those "moments." You know what I mean...where you are totally across the room and you see it out of the corner of your eye. And somehow you push your way through the crowd of Labor Day shoppers to throw yourself at it..not even realizing you knocked over 2 displays and threw a pile of pillows to the ground in the process??

Yep.

 It was one of those moments.




Isn't it gorgeous???

I can't decide if I want it for a patio table or a kitchen island.

Hmmm...maybe I will make one of each!




Did I even mention that we build furniture, too??

That's right...I am not just a painter of furniture, when I get the whim....I design...and my sweet hubby builds me whatever my little heart desires.

Sometimes we sell it to stores for display pieces...some I will sell online...and every once in a great while you may see a piece at one of my shows.

But, since we are only 2 people...and we refuse to outsource anything...those pieces are few and far between.

But now, I have a good feeling there are going to be lots of cool pieces made from salvaged wood popping up around here! I officially cannot wait to get this barn down and get my projects going.

Oh...and project #2 is going to be a cabinet for my work room that looks like this.

I am crazy in LOVE with all those drawers!




Oh, Restoration Hardware...how I love thee.




Thank you for the constant inspiration...and prices so high it drives me to use my own to hands to create something I will be proud of.

~ smile ~



Happy Tuesday, friends.

I am still recovering from a whirlwind weekend of a super-busy flea market show and birthday celebration dinners, parties and shopping trips!

I will be back soon with the cabinet reveal!
(You know the cabinet...the one I promised you the reveal of 2 weeks ago! Well, lets just say I have been busy.)




28 comments:

  1. Lucky lucky you. More barn wood than you know what to do with and a Honey that can build stuff! LOVE that table:) It's gonna be grand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ~*~*LOVING what you are going to do!! I would make one for each space!!! Cant wait to see the reveal!~*~*Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The table is going to be beautiful!!! Look at all the possibilities! I was so loving all the new barn wood/reclaimed furniture in my Restoration hardware catalog this fall! You are a lucky girl!!! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, your stuff is gonna put RH's stuff to shame.
    SHAME, I tell ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can finally put a name with a face!!!
    You're a doll

    gotta love those hubbies...
    when you can check out the porch reveal ... I owe this to my man, who understands the inside of my brain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, if you're gonna have a problem, the Too-Much-Barn-Wood Problem is the one to have. :)

    Love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY! That is one gorgeous piece! I can't wait for you guys to build it! You know you will have so many people wanting to order one :)
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  9. How will we know if you decide you can part with one of these absolute beauties?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see what hubby makes for you. RH will be jealous when they see yours. You are so lucky to have a hubby who can do that for you. I'm jealous!! Sounds like you had a busy, but fun weekend. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A man who builds....
    fabulous barn wood....
    'lots of creativity....
    YOU have it ALL going
    on, here!!!
    I'm also loving those
    stools with the table...
    and that CABINET!!!
    Yowser.
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness ~ how exciting! I am sure everything you and your hubby makes will be beautiful...and the fact that he builds it for you...

    can't wait to see the cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love love love!!! i am so excited for you and can't wait to see how your projects turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That table is soooo amazing, you are one lucky girl! Can't wait to see all your very cool, very new/old pieces! You are going to be one busy lady. When does the barn come down?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh ya Baby! That table is simply amazzzzing and R/H makes my heart sing.~Cheers Kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. That table is awesome!!! I could see that in my future too! And that chest of drawers (cabinet) is amazing!! All those drawers!! Wowzers!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all of your inspiration pieces! Sounds like a perfect way to use all that weathered wood. My friend didn't make it to see you Sunday, maybe next month. Did you get that set? I got the one I was talking about near me. I can't wait to get started on it!
    Londen
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Too much stinkin' fun! Can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I so need a table like that for my porch.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aewsome!!! I love that table!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. From barnwood to driftwood I love it all. Raw, unfussy and pure. One of each please.

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a lucky problem you have. anxious to see what you do with all the barn wood. on our local craiglists there is a barn listed for free to anyone who will take it down. i would love to do it!

    p.s. have you seen funky junk interiors new wooded desk she did herself? you'll love it. good eye candy for wood lovers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I saw this table in RH too and fell in love! Did you see the price tag on that baby? Gasping here! Your barn wood will make a perfect table. Love the cabinet too. All those little drawers will be a lot of work. Can't wait to see your finished projects.
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is going to look sooooo AWESOME...looking forward to seeing it!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Cool Blog.
    Nice catch!
    Ill be back,
    L.-

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that table! If you need a plan for I think www.ana-white.com as one for both the table & the cabinent!

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete