Tuesday, February 22, 2011

awww, THANKS Flea Market Style Mag!



So here is how the scenario played out at my house last night.

Allow me to set the stage for you.

It was about 6:30pm. I am laying on the couching, praying for an end to the head congestion that has some how followed my Influenza diagnosis from last weeked. My head is completly stuffed, I believe it has somehow morphed into a sinus infection at this point. I can only lay on the couch because sitting up makes me dizzy. I am bored and watching a DVR'd episode of "Who Do You Think You Are".

I reach over to check my email on my phone.

I see have one from my friend, Jo of Secret Garden Cottage fame. I click on it and read the first line..."Hey Mary I want to congratulate you on your mention in Flea Market Style Magazine." Of course, in my crazy mind, I immediately think, "Oh, Jo must have emailed the wrong Mary. She couldn't mean me. Silly Jo."




But as I read on...she says her and I are BOTH  mentioned in a category called "If You Swoon Over White" as a blog to follow. Ok, now my mind goes " SAAAAY WHAT?? ME???"...I do love white...maybe it wasn't just in my mind that I said this...I may have kinda sorta screamed it a little, because my dog did that funny head-tilt look thing he does when I say something outrageous and he is trying to figure out whats wrong and if I need medical attention...and my cat gave me that typical "annoyed meow" he does when something is about someone other than him, and  ran off the couch. 

 So I grab the phone and call my sister (she lives right next door, thank goodness!) and I scream into the phone all excited...WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW??? She knows my tone of voice and when she hears me like this, it ususally means there is something fabulous in the neighboor hood trash and we have to go get it RIGHT NOW!

She never fails me, and always gets just as excited right back at me and she says "I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING...WHERE ARE WE GOING??" See....she knows her little sister well.

(And yes, the capital letters are to indicate excitement in our voices. We get a little loud at times. Thats how we roll.)

Now at this point, I am acting as though I had just won the lottery or something...and I say "WE HAVE TO GO TO THE STORE RIGHT NOW! SOMEONE JUST TOLD ME MY BLOG IS MENTIONED IN FLEA MARKET STYLE MAGAZINE!"

She screams! I scream!

So in the pouring rain, and with a stuffed head, I back the car out, go next door to pick her up...and away we go.

We try the grocery store. Nada.

Next we go to Walgreens. Zip.

Next up...CVS. And they came through for us!! Thank you, CVS! We grab it like it is made of gold, turn to page 27 and there I am. Little 'ol me mentioned on just one teeny little line under the "If You Swoon Over White" category, just like Jo said.



And right between Rie from Home & Harmony and Jo from Secret Garden Cottage. Could I be in better company??? I don't think so! I *love* both of these fabulous girls!

I realize it was just a teeny tiny little mention of my blog. But it made me smile. Because I don't consider myself a "great blogger" and I sometimes wonder what in the world you fabulous girls find so interesting over here in the land of Urban Farmgirl. I am just a simple girl that likes simple things. Pretty things. Old things. And you couldn't be more right, Flea Market Style magazine...I do swoon over white!

Thank you for making this sick girl have a really fun night!

And congratulations to all the girls listed on pages 26 & 27 in the article "Its Ok To Be A Blog Follower". I am truly honored to have my name in just good company. I am not sure how it happened, but I am beyond humbled that it did.

Oh, and just because I am about to burst with even more over-the-top excitement...stay tuned...I have another little announcement coming in a week or two! This one made the whole neighborhood hear my sister and I squeal with anticipation and delight! (Yes, they all do think we are totally insane, but in a good way. I hope.)

Happy Tuesday, girls!

 I am off to photograph my weekend finds for an Etsy update! It was a fantastic shopping weekend, so be sure to check back tonight to see what goodies I found!



77 comments:

  1. Well done and well deserved - i just love the fact that there is a magazine out there in the world called Flea Market Style! I wish we could get it in the UK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You deserve it. I will get the magazine today.
    Have a wonderful Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGE CONRTATULATIONS! That's so exciting! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats!! how fabulous.....
    It's the little things that just aren't so little to us that make our day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! It's amazing how good new makes you forget how bad you are feeling!
    I picked up my magazine too, what a wonderful magazine to be included with.
    Hope you're on the mend!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so exciting! Love it!!
    And yes, you are a great blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH, my!!! Congratulations! Fantastic!!! Feel better soon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo! Though I did see it last night when I picked up my copy of FMS.I was excited myself to see blogs I visit often.I always enjoy my visits here.You have great style~Cheers Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. that's awesome Mary! I too love Jo...she's so sweet and has terrific style like you...

    I love how you didn't know...makes it so much more humbling and exciting don't you think?

    xo+blessings,
    Anne Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary, This is so exciting! I would have been screaming too. Congrats and well deserved.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw Mary, so happy for you! How exciting to have your name in a magazine! I would have been screaming too!. Congratulations!
    Kim:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so awesome. I would screaming too and making it my facebook header for the year - ah haaaaa. I sure hope you feel better soon. Still loving your blog. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Squeal!!! I'm so excited for you! Congratulations on your mention!

    It must be so cool to live next door to your sister. I wish I lived next to mine. Hope you are feeling better. :)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. We are thrilled to include your blog among some of our favorites! And it makes me so happy to see how excited your were!
    Thanks for providing such lovely inspiration!
    Warm Regards,
    Heather Bullard
    Senior Editor
    Flea Market Style Magazine

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so excited for you Mary, how fun!! Hope you feel better soon! My little is sick too.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yippee!! that is fantastic!! There you go again being all wonderful and inspring to others! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How exciting Mary!! I'm so happy for you!!!!
    At least you weren't snowed in and you were able to go grab the magazine :)

    I'm so glad you are over the worst of it, sorry about the sinus infection, no fun, maybe you can get put on some meds for it....If not try Musinex D (sp?) I swear by it and it gives you energy :)
    Take care and rest!
    XOXO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yippee for you, how exciting!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Woot woot! I had the mag on my list to get when I go into town today! I am honored to have known you when...!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay Mary! Congratulations! I am still trying to get my hands on a copy...going to try CVS. I'm celebrating with you! I always love coming here to see what you've done. You have always inspired me, and this "little" feature will lead to much bigger ones, I'm sure. And it's so well deserved :)
    Blessings
    Becky C

    ReplyDelete
  22. That' enough to cheer anyone up!!! That's fantastic. Well deserved. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well - how wonderful is that -- and to be surprised by this, magical!
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  24. How fun for you! I found my last FMS at Walmart, but not much luck yet. I'll give CVS a try. Again, congrats and yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a nice surprise to make you feel a little better. Congratulations! I am still searching for a copy and haven't found one yet.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations Mary!!! I am heading out to pick up the mag!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is AWESOME! Congratulations and well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So exciting! Love that magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, that's nice! congratulation to you, it's a great satisfaction!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. that is so wonderful and well deserved! congratulations!!
    i have to check out my CVS since i have not seen the mag yet anywhere else...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hope you're over the sinus infection. I'm battling one too. Trip to CVS to look for Flea Market Style will be a great excuse to get away from my pesky book-in-progress.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Mary,

    I love the progression of your blogging journey. This is a greatly deserved honor. I will check out this issue for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ha! It's definitely a HAPPY TUESDAY! ;) Congrats! I must say - you started me on the whole 'white' thing. I checked out your blog when I first started my own blog - and you are the reason why my entertainment unit, end tables, changing table...and much more, are WHITE in my house now. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  34. LOLOLOLOL!!! I swear, you make me laugh, Mary!! You are so talented and very deserving of this mention, girl, so enjoy it!! ;o) What I'm doing there though, I have no idea... lol! I can't wait to hear what the more exciting news is going to be... eeeehhh!!
    Hugs,
    Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I laughed at your excitement and how you shared it with your sister, I would be exactly the same! Congratulations and I hope you are well again soon. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congrats Mary!! That is so wonderful!! You so deserve that!!!!! :)
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow, this is exciting. I'm so happy for you.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congratulations! How fun is that!
    Theresa
    aka:tot

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congrats!!! I adore your blog of course! Can't wait to hear what that announcement might be. Have I told you that I stalk your etsy ever since that shield shaped mirror slipped though my fingers? Its true!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is awesome. I love Jo's blog and yours too! Congrats and well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congratulations! That is quite an honor and accomplishment!

    I think you have the bug that we've had all month. UGGGG!!! It sucks! Hope you are feeling better super soon!

    ReplyDelete
  42. THis is so exciting, hey it is always fun to be acknowledged in life no matter how small...but this is BIG!!!
    CONGRATS
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  43. I am so happy for you! Congrats! And why do you have so many followers and people who love to keep up to date with your life - cuz you rock girl!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Congrats! How fun! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Congratulations! How fun!! What an awesome surprise!!
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  46. How exciting ~ congratulations! I actually won a copy of the magazine from Heather's giveaway and can't wait to get it!

    Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  47. OMG... THAT'S SO EXCITING!! I would be screaming with my sister too! AWESOME! and you totally deserve it, your blog is amazing!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  48. Congratulations Mary!!!! I was so excited to see your name there too!:))) Well deserved, my friend. Still not sure how I got there, but I am honored.;)

    Hope you're feeling better!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  49. Oh, none of us are surprised, Mary! That's just how supa dupa fantastic you are. :) Congrats, Lady. And I can't wait to hear your even louder news!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Congrats and Feel better!!
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  51. Congratulations Mary, you so deserve it. I hope you get better soon. Blessings-Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  52. congrats Mary! you are so deserving! i'm thrilled for you! hugs, susan

    ReplyDelete
  53. What wonderful news - just what the doctor ordered! Many congratulations,

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  54. Super exciting news, Mary!! :) I'm still so bummed I didn't find your blog until after we moved away from Rockford. We lived there for 11 years! Would've loved to meet you in real life!

    Hope you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. How super exciting Mary!! I'm doing a little dance for you over here too - so well deserved - your blog is awesome :) so is your Etsy shop xo

    ReplyDelete
  56. Contests....shout out loud happy for you!

    A mention is a mention! Big or small, it's terrific!

    And btw, simple works for me too!
    White living rules!
    And so does your story telling!

    Ciao Bella

    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  57. Oh yes, I neglected to mention my 'get well wishes'!

    Get plenty of fluids and rest!

    Ciao Bella!

    Creative Carmelina
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  58. Hahaha! This really made me laugh, congrats on the mention, so cool! And you have a great sister, living next door and loving the same things, it made me daydream if my girls would be like that when they are older... You wondered why we love to come to your world? Because you are you, good enough reason right?
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  59. I was so excited to see you listed there too!
    Love your blog, love your style, love your etsy shop, love YOU!

    :-)

    PS- Hope you're feeling 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  60. CONGRATS! Just
    read about this
    on another blog
    and had to run
    right over to add
    my kudos to everyone
    elses! Couldn't
    happen to a nicer
    gal in Blog Land!
    Happy Weekend,
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  61. Congratulations! I can't wait to get my copy of the magazine and I just have to tell you, I love those little wooden drawers you've got in your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  62. I would Scream too!!! I am going to have to find that magazine today!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Hey Mary, congrats on your flea market mention! I just saw it. Very very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  64. congrats !! (and how lucky are you to live next door to your sister !!)

    ReplyDelete
  65. Congrats Mary... I had an equally difficult time scoring my copy... no bookstores had it yet and I finally found it at Wal-Mart... go figure!!! I always enjoy it when my fav Bloggers are profiled, I feel like I know some celebs! *winks*

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  66. Mary! Congratulations. What a wonderful way to get the word out about you and your fabulous blog. P.S. I love my necklace! xox

    ReplyDelete
  67. Congrats Mary...this is soooo "COOL"!!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  68. Congratulations! That is exciting. I still haven't found that magazine yet, but I didn't check CVS! So I'm off there first thing tomorrow!
    Hope you're feeling better,
    Candylei

    ReplyDelete
  69. Great posts! The mention of your blog in my issue of Flea Market Style is how I arrived here! Congrats! ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete