Monday, February 28, 2011

the fog is finally lifting...and an etsy update!



First, let me start by yelling a big 'ol THANK YOU to all of you wonderful girls that have emailed me well wishes and the "where they heck are you??" notes...you sure now how to make a girl feel all warm and fuzzy...

(My husband just read that over my shoulder and said that 'warm and fuzzy' feeling is because I have a fever, and have not attempted to shave my legs in the number of days you are about to read below. Oh, what a comedian he is, I tell ya!)

This is officially day 17 of this 'illness' that has taken over my life.

Geesh!

Anyone else out there had something like this? Starts with the 'flu' diagnosis...transitions into a sinus infection and neither Tamiflu or the SUPER antibiotic they gave me do anything to help. Ugh. I have never been so tired and congested in all my life!

Ok, enough of my complaining. I don't mean to, really. It is more just purely amazing to me that someone can actually be this sick for this long! I mean, seriously...this is just crazy! 

Today I had a few bursts of energy, and it was a WONDERFUL feeling, so thought I would post a few new things in the shop. Thought I would show you a little sample of my latest finds.

I'm ready to crawl under the covers again, so will try to keep this short...and super sweet!



And what could be sweeter than an antique scale with old, chippy pink paint??? It makes me happy every time I look at it!


I guess you could say I *LOVE* it...

Speaking of love...I was excited to see these featured in an article in Coastal Living magazine last month! I love spelling things out, I have little words all over the house.


This nautical looking gem looks like a piece that should be in Coastal Living magazine...right along side those letters I just showed you! Call me, CL...I'll hook you up! Seriously, though...the old gray paint on this lantern is soooo pretty!


I am a girl that loves industrial bits and pieces around my home. I had a hard time letting these lovely little drawers go, but I knew some of you would be willing to adopt them into new, loving homes.

Just promise to love them forever, ok??


This GROCERY sign is a new offering in my Etsy shop...handpainted on a salvaged thick piece of old pine...so simple and beautiful. I think it would be fabulous hanging from 2 skinny chains at the top!


And I couldn't let another week go by without listing some more pieces of tarnished silver. I love this stuff...althought my grandma would be so ashamed that I actually display my pieces like this! I *love* the patina, it makes the details pop...*sigh*...maybe I should keep this one. I have never seen another like it.


So there you have it.

One sick girl. Lots of cool Etsy goodies.

I hear my pillow calling me...I'll catch up on all my blog reading tomorrow!

I can't wait to see what you all were up to today!


30 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've been so sick. I hate flu, cold sinus things more than anything. Hope you are feeling better very soon. I think at 17 days, you've had more than your fair share. I love everything you've posted about, but those pink scales are the business. Perfect. Get lots of rest,

    Hugs,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you have the ickies and yes I have had the same thing.Not sure what it is but mine went away just as it came on.Well wishes, Lots of fluids.Take care of you~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, I so sympathize. I didn't have the flu, but I have had a cold, congestion, sinus and been weak, weary, yukky for like three weeks now. I finally have my energy back but still have a little bit of the stuffiness left. I have never been sick for so long. My husband started me on Zinc last night because he is so ready for me to get well. I DO NOT like zinc but am willing to take it to try to get the end of this thing over. Feel better soon...

    Just thought I would let you know that you have inspired me to open up my own Etsy shop. I can only hope to have as awesome of a shop as you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear that you have been so sick,get better soon! FYI...that vintage scale is yummy looking...I have a green one but now I wish it was chippy pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, sorry to hear you are suffering from this thing. I have a good friend who has pretty much had the same. Not fun. Hope you get better soon!!!
    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping you're feeling better soon! All your etsy pieces look great, especially those little drawers. Take good care of yourself Mary.
    Kim:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mary!
    Did you checked with your doctor for swine flu? because I had the same sort of symptoms and indeed it was this, so have your blood checked for it, flu's been very strong this year, so rest well and don't under estimate how long it can take to heal.
    Great finds for the shop!
    Now go back to your pillow, shaving legs can wait right? (don't tell your husband I said that...)
    Hugs, Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry that you still have this terrible flu thingy!! That sucks for sure!
    Love all the ETSY pieces...especially the sign! Lervvveeee it for sure!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn
    PS You continue to rest and don't overdo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry you are still not well. I am on week 4 of this hideous sickness. Flu ( and I even got a flu shot) laryngitis, sinus infection. I have never had anything like this in my entire life. Get well soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that pink scale! And of course all your other finds! I love game letters too! My favorites are when I can find old Anagrams games in fun colors! Sorry you are still feeling sick. When I hit day 17 of this, I remember thinking the same thing....how can someone have a cold/flu for 17 days?!?! But I am now on Day 27! My symptoms are MUCH less severe, but still not at 100%. This was one nasty bug and everyone is saying the same thing.....it just lingers. Hope you feel better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello,
    Congratulations on Flea Market! So exciting! I am one of those lucky girls who just bought those wooden drawers. I can't wait! Thank you for sharing .

    Take care and feel better.
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad you are feeling better mary. great treasures. especially the pink scale. too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Horrible crud that is going around. Hope you kick it soon!

    That silver cup is so pretty. I can see a single hydrangea bloom in it. The lantern is great too. You have such great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mary - I had that awful crud stuff back in November...sorry you are still dealing with it! I'll be thinking of you and wishing you good thoughts to get better soon! Your etsy shop is a true gem! Love all your stuff!!That grovery sign is cool!
    Feel better!
    Tammy :-)
    JUNK WILD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah someone already snagged the Grocery sign!! I've been looking for one :) very pretty. I just wanted to drop a note to say that I had something like that at the beginning of December and it lasted straight through till the middle of January. I never had fever, but had sore throat for 18 days. Went on antibiotic and it helped, but still had congestion for a long time. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. can't believe you are still sick! that's just the worst :(
    it has got to end soon, right? i hope!
    i am in LOVE with that pink scale...are you selling it? i did not see it in your etsy shop...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, hopefully you are 100% better real soon!!!

    I'm loving all the new goodies, especially the drawers and scale. Sounds like the drawers already sold, drat :(

    Take Care,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such great stuff! I hope you feel better soon! With the sinus stuff, I've never tried it but people swear by the neti pots. And Layla over at the Lettered Cottage mentioned something once that worked for her. Hang in there, and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the pink scale and the grocery sign even more....but, I didn't see it in your shop...sold already I assume?

    ReplyDelete
  20. soo glad you are feeling better...I'm in love with your new etsy updates too:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. btw...I am desperately bummed that gray lantern is gone...I'm starting to collect them on my dresser in my bedroom:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh i'm so sorry to hear you've been sooo sick! i can't believe i've just logged on.... i missed out on a few purchases that i would have loved to have! now i know to be better at logging on ;)
    get well,
    xo,
    LuLu

    ReplyDelete
  23. feel better!
    praying for a full recovery for you...it's been long enough!

    love your pictures...always. :)

    and congrats on the mention in coastal living.....I can't believe how many blogging friends have been mentioned lately...something to really celebrate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love the sign and the little silver piece so pretty! i'm sorry you've been feeling lousy for so long. i hope you all better soon! no worries about the corbels :) sending get well hugs, susan

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those little drawers caught my attention and give me tons of ideas on how to makeover them. I wouldn't mind also to display that adorable silver piece in my living room. Here a hug for your wellness.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh girl...I'm on day 6, surely I'll go mad by day 17! Flu transitioned into a sinus infection and laryngitis. Awesomely fun. Hope you are better.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love all your vintage goodies!
    I added you to my favs on etsy!


    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  28. I hope you get better sone :-)
    Nice blog you have :-)
    greetings from Norway :-)

    ReplyDelete