Thursday, June 30, 2011

99 things I love...summer edition





Last year I decided to start a running list of things I love...it is ever changing, evoloving and getting quite long! I decided it was time for a strictly "summer edition" to my 'list of loves'.



light filtering through white curtains
watching lightning bugs in my backyard
flea markets
window boxes full of flowers
nights spent at the drive-in theater
day trips
disneyworld
dining al fresco
farmers markets
summer memories growing up on our farm
gravel roads
night swimming
white sheets fresh off the clothesline
camping at state parks
dogs hanging their heads out of car windows
bare feet
sound of ice cream trucks
fireworks
eating foods on sticks at the state fair
the smell of fresh cut grass
painted toes
running for ocean waves
road side fruit stands
roller coasters
hammocks
lake superior's shoreline
the sound of crickets
outdoor summer concerts
water balloon fights
the smell of suntan lotion
white lights in the trees around my patio
spending time “up north”
tiki torches
 evening bike rides
u-pick strawberries
sunglasses as a headband
snow cones
the sound of cicadas
the sound of lawnmowers from down the street
the sound of a vintage fan
a good yard sale
neighbors sitting on their porches
cute elderly couples out for a walk
ice cold watermelon
drive-in movies
singing in the car
sparklers
falling asleep with the windows open
weekend trips
laying in the grass on a summer night
planning a vacation
collecting driftwood & shells
being spontaneous
100% Grape juice popsicles
sandcastles
picnics
drippy ice cream cones
michigan sand dunes
fabulous sunglasses
 wedding cake flavor ice cream
the smell of a campfire
all white covers on my bed
planting petunias
eating dinner off the grill every.single.night.
the sound of summer silence
a cool shower after a long day on the lake
hanging clothes on the clothesline
the slam of an old screen door
lemonade stands
basball games
camping in the backyard
a cool breeze on a really hot day
sundresses
marching bands in small-town parades
drinking lemonade out of a mason jar
flip-flops
beach hair
lingering daylight hours
wildflowers growing along gravel roads
mini golf
driving with the top down
a night spent crusising the river slowly on a pontoon boat
fresh raspberries
picking my salad from my garden
the smell of my neighbors grill
dreamsicles
s'mores
kids playing in the sprinklers
neighborhood block parties
linen
grilled corn on the cob
tank tops
bonfire parties
fresh peaches
beach balls
squirt gun fights
sparkling blue swimming pools
retro lawn furniture
the simple fact that mosquitoes never EVER bite me


There really is so much to love about summer, isn't there?

 I would love to know...what are some of your favorite things??

Happy Thursday, everyone! The long weekend is almost here!


27 comments:

  1. What a fabulous list! Sounds like Summer is your season to shine - have a great one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer is delightful, it does such good things for my soul! You've inspired me to write my own list of summer loves! www.thecottagegray.com

    Have a wonderful Holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So love your list! Let's see..

    Oh veggies from the garden that you don't bother washing, yum!
    Sitting on the deck looking at the stars with plenty of citronella candles, because I do get bitten, lol

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list - being in FL a few are too hot but boy do I wish we could do them. Thanks for sharing. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a perfect summer list to me! I love the halcyon days of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have similar lists! When the heat is on, like it is today, I like to look at my list and find something fun to distract me!!

    Have a great holiday weekend!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love summer, the relaxation, the sun! I love your list, it's perfect....but no fair you don't get those itchy bites....Have a fabulous 4th!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! I think I'd only change two items... night swimming and shores of Lake Superior... no way am I getting in the water in the dark and of course Lake Superior would have to be swapped with the Puget Sound!

    What a great list... I'm starting one of my own!

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing list!!
    i love the cool breeze rippling through ruffled curtains
    weddings in old barns
    bbq's with neighbors
    &
    playing in the street past bed time

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! You listed everything I would have. Especially the drippy ice cream cone! Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your list... a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT LIST! Yes , summer is made more memories!
    Have a PRETTY day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  13. mmm... love your list... and sort of dislike you since the mosquitoes leave you alone... they are too busy feasting on me!!!

    Summer rain, especially when the sun is shining; grilling out; fireworks; garden fresh salsa; baby covered in spf; bubbles!!!

    have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your list of simple pleasures girlie. they don't bite me either. aren't we awesome??;) how about the sound of critters singing in the night? i love that sound. oh and the birds chirping in the day...so happy to be alive.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your list.....what is your secret to avoid mosquito bites? I think I must be on their list of favorite summer things!

    ReplyDelete
  16. my 11 year does this before the start of summer and i always love seeing her list....
    fantastic list!!!
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  17. You made me love summer even more by reading your list -- just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sigh...what a lovely photo and a list!

    ReplyDelete
  19. great list mary...how about watching movies outside...i love doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You pretty much covered it. Maybe... I love seeing my horses laying down sleeping in the hazy early mornings. I love the mother deer and her new babies playing in my pond about 6 a.m. I love the diversity of folks in small towns USA. Have a great 4th ~ Debi

    ReplyDelete
  21. A truely great list! So many things on that list I love too! Grape popsicles... yum!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a delightful list
    i, too, love dogs putting their heads out of car windows. up at the top of the list.

    lemonade
    newborn babies (not a Summer item) but definitely one of my favorite things in the world
    a good street art fair
    the california coast
    the south of chile in Summer

    ReplyDelete
  23. This makes me happy! Summer is wonderful and you have reminded us of many reasons why!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your list! Summer also reminds me of when I was a child catching fireflies in a mayonnaise jar. Also playing games (Capture the Flag, Kick The Can, etc). Summer is one of my best seasons of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE your list... and the fact that you're the kind of person that makes lists like this. :) I can't believe mosquitos don't bite you. That is something I'm rather jealous of. LOL

    Blessings,
    Sash

    ReplyDelete
  26. you know what, i was reading the list before i read the title and so i didn't realise it was a list. it read like a poem, and it was beautiful, haha.

    ReplyDelete