Wednesday, September 21, 2011

country living fair 2011...part one




I am finally getting back into the swing of things after being gone most of last week to the Country Living Fair in Ohio. The trip was a-ma-zing! We stopped in so many cute little towns along the way...and I can't believe I am admitting this...but we had the van totally packed less than 24 hours into the trip!! (There were many discussions through the miles about which of the 3 of us would be nominated to be on Hoarders first. Since I was the only one in the car that had an industrial warehouse full of my goods...I won hands down. Ha!) Needless to say, the packing tape and boxes I brought along came in very handy!

As I was going through the hundreds, yes HUNDREDS of photos I took...I knew I had to show you this booth first. It was beyond amazing!!




I caught some sort of bug a couple of days into the trip. I wasn't feeling myself by the time we arrived at the CL Fair on Friday morning. I had moments where I was 100% fine...then it would hit me and I was tired, dizzy and had an awful headache...then I felt ok again. Weird. It was not how I planned my tour of the fair to go. But, nothing can come between be and a beautiful display of wares, so it didn't hold me back a bit.

Despite this crazy onset of not feeling well...my eyes were still razor sharp when I saw this sign out of the corner of my eye.

It was metal. It was gray. It was industrial. I was instantly in love.




It was about 6 booths from where I was...the girls I was with tell me I stuffed what I was holding into my sisters arms and sprinted through the crowds straight to this booth...Stash. Thankfully my illness keeps me from remembering any of this, as I am sure I looked like a bumbling idiot as I swooned over everything they had for sale.





Stash had such an eclectic mix. Everything worn and rusty...with a bit of an industrial edge. It was beyond fabulous in person.

I love words on things, especially old things. Isn't the concept of this door fantastic??







And I have a serious love for quotes! And rusty things, and boots. Basically everthing and anything in this photo.




The sign above their clothing line, is well...genius! I see these old embroidery hoops all the time! Hmmmm...I just might have to come up with something similiar...but different for my shows next year!



This pillow they had almost gave me permission to make a sign like that for myself, don't you think?? Haha!





I am not sure which I love more...the gorgeous bags or the chippy piece they are hanging from...



So much vintage-y goodness. I think I was overwhelmed. Do you ever get like that at shows or flea markets? I am kicking myself for coming home with only 2 little things from their booth. I loved everything!









loved this...




Such perfect words, and the paint brushes are so me!!





{Sigh....}

For those of you that couldn't make the trip to the Country Living Fair in Ohio, you still have a chance! The Atlanta show is coming up in October! I think next year I am going to try going South...I hear it is going to be in Texas! I would love to meet up with a few blogger friends down there, so it would be a perfect weekend!

I'll have more photos to come Friday. I can't wait to show you who I was lucky enough to have a little chat with first thing when I arrived at the fair! This beautiful girl and I are long lost best friends, she just doesn't know it yet!

{wink...wink...}

36 comments:

  1. How fun, you lucky duck!! ;}

    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...ah, it was my favorite booth as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that booth...so many cute things and I loved their clothes too! I still need to get my pics loaded onto my computer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that booth also--thanks for sharing!! so fun!! reminds me of roundtop texas....isn't it so wonderful being in your element?! can't wait to see more pictures...
    chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me guess........Carrie. I won't say anymore as to give it away.
    Okay I live 40 minutes from the Fair. I have headaches and dizziness all the time.......strange.
    The Fair was great. I love seeing others pictures as they saw things I didn't. I did see the bike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun, fun, fun! One of these years I'm going to have to attend the fair. Love all your photos. Filled with inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh,is that what heaven is like for us...I think so!!! What an amazing fair,I have it on my Bucket List to go there!!! Thanks for the great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this stuff is eye candy! I enjoy your blog and posts. I am a new follower and blogger. If you would like to check out my blog and follow me that would be great. Thanks :)

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  9. LoVe the FaB Photos Mary!!! YOU lucky girl... Can't wait to SEE MORE!*!*!
    Jeanine, ChiPPY!-SHaBBy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh, I'm so jealous! Wish I could've been there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is a lot of great eye candy mary. did ya buy lots? i am going to have to go to one of those sometime. maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to WHINE

    I wanted to attend the Country Living fair again this year but just couldn't afford my trip to Savannah Georgia and Country Living also whinning

    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great trip mary! thanks for sharing the photos...STASH = amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Swoon.... Love it all! I would come home super broke! Next time, you better come South! And get a camper too! we can have a pow wow!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. How amazing that show was, now I can't wait for pictures of your booth!
    Wishing you a great day!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally enjoyed that booth too! The whole fair was wonderful! I'm taking a guess on that long lost friend. Does her first name start with a "C". I met her; she was so nice, as was her "better half" which is the way he introduced himself. Looking forward to seeing the rest of your photos. It's like being there all over again.

    Diane J./Marion, Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  17. next year i really want to go. i haven't found anything junky or flea markety here yet. i have to deep breath not to have panic attacks when i think about what i left in MN. grrrr! great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved the pictures of "The Fair". Loved all the cool art/words/quotes on the old boards. Inspiring. Thanks for sharing them. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  19. stash used to be a near my house! i was so sad when she told me they were closing up shop! imagine a store FULL of goodies like that. i enjoyed that booth, as well! wish i could go back! GA is a little too far! ;)

    ashley @
    hookedonhickory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stash looked like it had a nice mix of everything for everyone!! Great booth. I love all the word signs and quotes, too!! Can't wait to see more!!


    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  21. yea! my sweet hubby suprised me with a trip to atlanta next month for the country living fair! i am beyond excited! beautiful pictures! i wonder if they will have the same booths? let me know if you have any suggestions! i am so glad you had such a great time even with that pesky bug! cant wait to see more! julie@jam-n-jilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my word I wish I had been able to go!!! Wowow amazing pieces!! Thank you so much for sharing your trip!
    xo,
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow...STASH is awesome...a person could get lost in there! Do they have a blog? I googled it and didn't come up with it.
    Thanks for sharing the beautiful inspiration.
    ~Pam
    pamspaintparlor.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow...I would have loved to have shopped there!
    Thanks for sharing such great photos for us that live so far away!! Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would spend every once of money I have at this place - it's a good thing I didn't go!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for the recap... gorgeous photos! Almost as good as being there! Very Beauty-Full!

    :-) Kris

    ReplyDelete
  27. So much beautiful finds! Have a wonderful weekend, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I can see why you would be absolutely giddy with all these wonderful booths of treasures. Tanks for sharing.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fabulous photos!!
    I was at the fair too and had an absolutely wonderful time!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice, nice, nice. I could live in the Stash booth!
    Thanks for the gorgeous photos.
    jj

    ReplyDelete
  31. WHAT!!!! Not only do I find your beatiful blog but you tell me Country living is coming to visit me in TX next year??? YES!!! I'm uber excited about this!♥

    -Linsey @thefarmhouseporch

    http://farmhouseporch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Uh-mazing! I'd LIVE in that booth!

    ReplyDelete
  33. that originates the summer time series to be able to capture the particular joy connected with spring, modern high-heeled along with flat footwear;Isabel Marant Sandals

    ReplyDelete
  34. While you may properly possess the talents of designing, somebody does even now should sew the attire to create your technology a reality. Some inside the eye-catching objects stocked up by Isabel Marant Dress. This may properly telephone call for producing a cease with a attire store to evaluation the sewing options for you. This could also provide you with the probability to seek help from straight getting a artist to create any alterations and minor modifications in detail you may properly have overlooked. Your trip will also permit you to definitely compile the advertising price of sewing it. The certainly specific concern concerning the brand brand is its ability to stand out by method of the crowd with its one-of-a-kind design & desire collection. Sizes, colors, styles and prints are plentiful & plethoric!
    cccccxxzzdf isabel marant dicker boots

    ReplyDelete