Friday, September 30, 2011

HGTV magazine & a flea market weekend!




Ok, how did this one slip by me??

HGTV came out with a magazine?

And I didn't know about it ahead of time? Did anyone else miss this or was it just me??




 I am a girl that has 2 major obsessions in her life (so sad, I know). HGTV & decor magazines. How in the world did I not know the 2 worlds were merging!?

I am happy to report I will be tucked in to bed extra early tonight, all in the name of curling up and seeing what is under the cover of this beauty. When I was flipping through at the grocery store, I did spy Sarah Richardson between the pages. Don't you just love Sarah?? I do. I think we should hang out. Or at the very least she should decorate my house. Whichever is fine with me.  




Oh, and just a reminder to my local peeps...this weekend is my LAST SHOW of the 2011 season! I can't believe how fast it has gone by! But, I have to admit I am slightly relieved to be able to give my paintbrush...and my wrists...a break for a little while. You girls have kept my sooo busy this summer! I am so very grateful...and humbled...that you love my painted furniture. I cannot thank you all enough...you are what keep me going!

I will be in my usual spot at the Kane County Fairgrouds in St. Charles, IL...the Arena Building...main aisle...just look for the sea of white furniture.

And while you are there..be sure to stop and say hello to some of my blog friends that will be selling this weekend...they have AMAZING booths and sell AMAZING things!

- Stacey {A Sort of Fairytale}
- Anita & Judy {Iowa Junk Gypsies}
- Jackie & Jill {2 Chicks & A Fancy Owl}

Hope to see you out at the flea this weekend! It is going to be a gorgeous weekend in Chicagoland!

And I will of course give you a full report on HGTV magazine next week!

Have a fabulous weekend, girls!

17 comments:

  1. I just bought this magazine today myself! I thought the very same thing. I had no idea they were going to even put out a magazine. It was Sara Richardson's article that clinched the deal for me. Just had to get it. It's fun seeing her home lived in now. All I've ever seen are the pictures where it's all put together for tv. This magazine is very good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know either!! You made me laugh with your comment about going to bed early to read through the magazine......I am the same way!! :) Heading to the book store now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea they had a mag! I am all over it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know - I just heard about this too! I can't wait to pick up a copy. Thank you for the sweet mention. I'll stop over if we get a break this weekend. Hope you tons and tons!!
    Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant... Hope you SELL tons and tons. Oops. =}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, Me too!!! I picked it up at Dominicks and thought I must be the last person on the planet to know about it! I read it cover to cover the other night in bed. So many times, decor magazines have just a few good ideas and tons and tons of advertising. I thought this one was just the opposite! Good luck at Kane. I'm on an antiquing "freeze" ;) or I'd stop by to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at Sarah Richardson!

    Must check that out!
    xo~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not seen this magazine in our area... I'll look for it! Used to love HGTV, getting a little over my head now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heard about the magazine but haven't seen it on the newsstand here yet. Use to watch HGTV a lot more in the past but not as much now. All they ever seem to have on is "House Hunters". So tired of that show but LOVE Sarah Richardson's and Cari Cucksey's (met her at the Country Living Fair) shows. I'll definitely be picking up a copy of the magazine when it hits the newsstand in this area.

    Diane J./Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I lived closer...I would be there for sure and I would bring some lattes!!! Ha!!
    Magazine??? I had no idea either! Must find them!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heard about this new magazine yesterday and on my "To Purchase" list for today. I totally enjoy the Sarah Richardson shows. Sarah AND Tommy are delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been following your blog for a while now and absolutely love your furniture!

    You have just made my LIFE by giving me this very important piece of news. I love, love, love HGTV and decor magazines...well magazines in general. Can't wait to hear about whether it's worth a pick up or not!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh mary, i'm so with on the love of both! i did know about the magazine but i can't remember if i subscribed to it or not. enjoy your weekend! susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. How did that slip by me?....I used to have HGTV on constantly, but like it was mentioned above, I get tired of seeing House Hunters all the time! But if this magazine is all about decorating, I am very excited!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  15. I knew the magazine was coming out, but I had no idea when...very exciting!! I love shelter magazines too, and it is great that it happens to be HGTV - can't wait to see it.
    Thanks for the reminder.
    Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH MY GOODNESS! gotta find that mag!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, that's very exciting! I love Sarah. Maybe a little too much. Sarah, if you're out there, don't forget your BFF here in Kansas City!

    ReplyDelete