Monday, May 14, 2012

finally! pics from the flea!



Ok, so I think I was going to post these photos last week...but as usual I had a million things going on and  it just never happened. I had contractors here all week working on the exterior of my house. YAY!!

The flea market last weekend was...well...interesting. Saturday rocked! We saw so many people, and sold our usual amount for a Saturday. But then Sunday rolled around, and some wicked weather came with it. Oh yeah, it was super fun -  thunder and lightening and some of the hardest rain I have seen in a while. Not exactly my favorite way to start off the flea market season. 

I snapped a few pics when I could. I just took them quick with my little point and shoot, so they are not the best...but I can at least show you some of my usual 'goods'. 


If I had a thousand of these tall cabinets at the show, I swear I could have sold every one! It was by far the  'most wanted' for the weekend. It is an old art deco vanity that I took apart and modified so I could stack it and make a tall cabinet. I have one similar to this coming to the Nada Barn Sale this weekend, too. 




Dressers with mirrors are always a hit...so perfect for a little girl's room!




I had a HUGE queen headboard, too...it is super tall and ornate. Just a cool piece for a bedroom. 




12 drawers...can you believe 12 drawers?? I don't think in 12 years of doing this I have ever had a piece with 12 drawers. Let's say the number 12 one more time, shall we?? 

Twelve. Frenchy. Curvy. Beautiful. Drawers. 




I had a few twin beds, gray and white dressers, nightstands and mirrors. (By the time I took this pic all the large frames had been picked off my back wall but I will bring more next month, I promise!)



This bench will be at the Nada Farm sale this weekend!





And just so you know, this is the heaviest dining room table I have ever, ever painted. Solid oak. Heavy.  Love those curvy legs. 





Next stop - NADA FARM SALE!!!! 

Anyone out there coming to shop?? I am SUPER excited to just have a fun weekend! The weather is going to be beautiful!




I will be working on getting everything ready this week. I hope I can squeeze in a few preview pics so those of you that are coming can get a little peek into what I am bringing! Today I have 200+ pieces of English ironstone to price today! That is...if I can part with them. 

{wink...}

Ok, I better get busy! I have a full day - and my contractors are coming back! Today is siding, soffit and gutter day! Who knew new gutters could make a girl so happy!


32 comments:

  1. I'll see you Friday! Congrats on the exterior makeover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks amazing! i am drooling over the dining table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful as always! Sorry about the rain at Kane...it was a weird weekend wasn't it???
    Best of luck at Nada! I've always wanted to go there but seem to always have a conflict. Will be selling in Springfield Ohio this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so many pieces, so many possibilities! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely pieces...I'm going to be at Nada on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely!! Love the tall cabinet :) And how in the world are you going to part with any of that ironstone?!? Wish I could be there to help take it off your hands ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving it ALL! Wish I lived closer to ya'all!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your all white look. If I ever make it to a show you are at I will have to just sit and soak in the view for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my.... So much loveliness!!! I love all the white! Just beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a whole lot of pieces to paint.
    All so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How exciting having your exterior done! What colors did you go with? That dresser with the mirror would have beeen perfect in my little ones room, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the pieces...the colors are so yummy!!!
    I do know that new gutters will make your house happy for sure!! Ha
    Hugs
    SUeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm drooling over here with all these gorgeous pieces!

    xoxo,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey W.T.

    How have you been...I see that you've been busy painting and hunting for great stuff. So wish Nada wasn't so far...I'd love to see all the goods your gonna be taking. I left you a message today...hope to talk soon ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. love your work! hope this wknd weather is great... have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now you KNOW that I love you like a sister, and I want nothing more than to meet you....but I am SO glad that you live so far away, because I'd go broke buying your yummy furniture.

    Hey! We need to plan that phone call sometime soon! :-)

    XO,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  18. So chic - I wish you were based in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such charming pieces....I sure hope you were set up inside when the storms passed on through. Always so hard to predict...I know I have battled wind, rain & flying sand at flea markets over the years.....we are hardy!
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would'ave snapped up that dining table and 12-drawer buffet in a heartbeat, Mary! Wow! I don't think I've ever seen anything so beautiful! So glad that your weekend was a success - rain and all. And yep...you're a girl after my own heart. New gutters would thrill me!! lol!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  21. i spy a cute chalkboard drawing...LOL!! ;)
    what a fun time we had on Saturday...i could have stayed 'til the end of the day!
    Na-Da, here we come!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. AMAZING POST:) I really like your blog and I follow, I hope you follow me back:)

    I have wedding theme this week at Inredningsvis...check it out.
    have a great week.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (sweden)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Clever girl, the "tall cabinet" is fabulous!! : ) Have fun at Na~Da Farm.

    ReplyDelete
  24. lovely painted pieces wished i lived closer so i could take in the wonderfulness! great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great post,I really like your article

    ReplyDelete
  26. That queen bed was gorgeous!! Good luck at Nada!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love, love, love all the white!!!! I'll be at Na-Da on Fri.---can't wait to see all your pretties!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Have a great time this weekend- I hope the sale goes well. Swamped here too :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my word I want the twin beds!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful! I wish we could have made the trek down to Nada! If you ever want to have a booth at our Flea market we would LOVE to have you up in Michigan! :)

    ReplyDelete