Tuesday, June 19, 2012

my summer snacking obsession...




Let me start by saying, I take ZERO credit for creating this amazing recipe. The original recipe I found on Pinterest via one of my favorite foodie blogs, Smashed Peas & Carrots. As I was whipping up a batch of these yesterday, I knew I had to spread the love and post the recipe. They are just too good not to make if you are obsessed with peanut butter like I am! But be warned, these little crazy things are addictive! I won't tell you how many I ate while I was shooting these pics.

 I cannot stress how delicious these are and are so easy to make! {Even my hubs can do it!} Mixing it all up takes just a couple of minutes, then you just pop the mixture in the fridge for a while and roll into balls. You are literally 40 minutes from snacky-time heaven!

So convenient to have a little something like this on hand when I am running out the door. Keeps me from hitting a drive-thru when I just need a 'little something' to get my through until dinner time.



Ok, so here is all you need to mix of a batch of peanut-buttery bliss...


Throw it all in a bowl....






The awesome thing about this super-simple recipe? You can change it up so easily with whatever you may have on hand. Use different nut butters if you don't care for peanut butter...take out the coconut and replace it with something else as a binding agent....the possibilities are pretty endless. I think adding a few chopped walnuts would be heavenly! Hmmmm...I may try that next time!

If you want to know the calorie count, or for some other ideas for mix-ins and substitutions, visit Smashed Peas & Carrots and check out the original post on this recipe.

For a printable version of Maggie's recipe click HERE...

Well, girls I have to get out of this house before I eat every last one of these darn things! I am off to paint furniture today...and its gonna be a HOT one here in Illinois! Days like this I dream of having a pool!

17 comments:

  1. Why oh why did I have to see this? Mmmm, these sound good. They make me think of the chocolate and oat no bake cookies I've been obsessed with lately. I usually only make a half batch since I know I'll eat them all...lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! A great little recipe for kids to make!
    deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, right near you in the Western Burbs and we played outside for about an hour this morning before heading back in to the air conditioned house!! I AM one of the lucky ones who owns a pool though, don't be jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok...i love my peanut butter. i am making these at the cabin this weekend. yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. olá, nunca comi manteiga com amendoim vou fazer para ver se gosto.
    tenha um ótimo dia.
    Anajá

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know Right! These are one of my favs as well.I also found them on pinterest and I am now addicted to them~Cheers Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow those look and sound great!I am going to try this recipe!
    ((Hugs))
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear....and just when I thought I was ready for bathing suit season!! These would be good to take to the beach in a cooler! I always need one bite things for the kids with sandy hands....I can pop one in their mouth and say...OK, go away now!! LOL
    Blessings, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally makin these, my sweetie is on a diet and this is a great snack!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oops but w/o the chocolate giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dangit...the craving has begun. I must have peanut butter balls:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum! These sound fabulous! Picking up the ingredients this week! :) Thanks for passing on the recipe!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look fabulous, but I can guarantee you I would end up eating the whole BOWLFUL, not just the intended bite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look pretty tastey - and easy to make too! True beauty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This recipe is a great addition for body building and desserts. All of its ingredient were high in protein.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Surely a tasty and sweet dessert to try. Also, this is good in fiber and unsaturated oil. Thank you for adding my recipe notes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww, you are too sweet! Thank you so very much for the shout out, Mary! I am so glad you love these little bites of heaven! :-)
    XOXO,
    Mags

    ReplyDelete