Monday, October 25, 2010

you can call me "Red"...



I have never really been into Halloween. I could take it or leave it, really.

We usually build a fire and watch a couple of movies.

I am not the girl that gets all dressed up for a night on the town.

Usually.

But this year was different.

You see, my hubs LOVES kids. He loves entertaining them...he is "that Uncle". You know...the c-r-a-z-y one that all the kids stick to like glue at a family Holiday. The one that plays football in the backyard with all the nephews on Christmas day...it doesn't matter if it is snowing, raining...whatever...yeah, he loves every minute of it.

He just loves making them happy.

Every year he volunteers to coordinate and decorate part of our local museum that hosts a Halloween event. The museum has a little historic town behind it and he, along with a bunch of friends, decorates and hands out candy at the Police Station in the town. I usually help him with the decorating part, but I have never actually been there on the day of the event.

But this past Saturday we decked out the building, loaded the car with candy and headed to the museum for one of the best days I have had in a long time!

Somehow he even managed to get me in a costume...


I


And for all you funny girls out there...I am NOT the one of the left.

Ha. Ha.

It was so much more fun than I expected! The kids that were there had a great time, the museum is so quaint and cute...I could move there with all those cute little old buildings and houses, I swear!

It is such a great event for the kids in out town. They get to come out and spend the day with their parents playing games, going on a hayride, dressing up for a costume contest and stuffing themselves with all the candy they can get their little hands on! Just a good old fashioned fall party with all the fun of Halloween mixed in.

I am so glad I jumped in and did it this year! Even if I did have a serious case of "hood hair" all day.

If you decide to celebrate, I hope you have a fabulous weekend! And if you dress up...I wanna see pictures! I am already planning my costume for next year, and I need ideas!

Happy Monday, friends!

I am off to paint a few pieces of furniture today. I have clients waiting, and I have been lazy long enough!








34 comments:

  1. Wow, this looks like so much fun! Love the custome. Pretty cute. :-) Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Glad to hear you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! And it really does sound like a wonderful time! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make a cute couple!!! LOL!! Love that Red Riding Hood costume!
    Tammy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOU are adorable!!!!! Love your outfit. I'd be framing that cute pic of the two of you. And that town looks so charming behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look gorgeous Mary!! super cute costumes....
    missed you at the sale....thanks for trying to come though....I'm sure it'll work out sometime -

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun & love the costumes! My husband and I skipped out on the halloween party this year - he kept the kids & let me go out with my friends & family to do pranks - it was a blast! I have to dress the kids up though & we have quite the week of costume parties & treats to bake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun time!!! You look adorable!!!! My hubby is such a dud when it comes to holidays, although he is the one that likes playing with the kids too. He is such a kid at heart when it comes to things like that. I am so glad that you had a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously Mary... could you be any cuter? :)) I think you look fabulous.. hood hair included!!;))

    I love that your husband gets into the spirit! I have one of those hubbies too! There is nothing more amazing than watching the love of your life interact with children. It is a true sign of his heart, that is for sure.

    I am finishing up costumes today. Belle is Glinda the Good Witch and Chloe is Dorothy. I wasn't planning on dressing up, but now that I have seen your costume, I may have to go as a munchkin or something!!!;)))


    Have a Happy Week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What's a sweetie like you doing with that monster? Seriously though, you are so cute! It's great that you and your hubby help out with this event. Around here it's always so difficult to get volunteers, especially of the male variety.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary, I don't know what the heck is wrong with you...

    You're always talking about how you don't like to be photographed, how you're not photogenic, blah, blah, blah...

    Nonsense! You're the cutest thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where did you find your Little Red Riding Hood Costume, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL..TOO Cute!!! You look adorable~*Hugs,Rachel ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. you look adorable.
    one of your clients is my friend Alison...i know she's waiting..patiently.
    p.s. good score on the furniture this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aren't YOU just about thee cutest red riding hood ever!! Combo of darling (you) & scary/hilarious (your hub)- the scenery is spectacular!!! I just love fairy tale costumes..sigh. :) Oh oh guess what I purchased yesterday?!? My very first Purdy paint brush - I think I pet it for about 5 min when I got home.. soooo nice. Take care hon.
    Hugs, Lara

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look adorable! What a fun costume. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. so hope you have that picture of the two of you framed!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful event! You both look awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You guys look great! That looks like so much F.U.N. I am starting to paint for Kane and the glitter flying around this place is craziness....:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. fantastic!!!! use to be my fav holiday we would have 100's ok kids from all around cause we decorated so....many yrs hubby had to run find more candy!! but as we got older so did the neighborhood and now we hardly have any lil ones...i miss it but times change.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are just adorable, Mary! What a great guy you married to want to be so involved with kids! Glad you both had a great time - hood-hair and all! lol!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  22. you look adorable! how fun! i haven't dressed up since i was in high school! have a super week!! susan

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a wonderful event. good for you guys. you too look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You guys look awesome! I'm glad you had fun. That's great that your husband is so kind to the kids!
    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Okay, this totally makes me want to dress up!!!! You looked adorable! And your husband is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  26. ahhhh I bet this pic made Becky SOOO happy :)
    You. Are. So. Stinkin'. Cute!

    Way to go Red!

    Hugs, Sami Jo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, what fun, Mary!!! Frankenstein & Li'l Red, how cute are you two!!!

    : )

    Julie M.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look marvelous Mary! Cute costume!! We are going to a dress up party as well...this Friday!
    I am going as the Bride of Frankenstein. Fun times!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  29. How wonderful!! You two look fantastic...what awesome costumes!!!

    Hugs ~

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  30. Mary, you are gorgeous! That little town looks like something out of a movie set.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh Mary...we never dressed up either since kids until this past weekend, and now we are looking forward to doing it next year too...how funny...you look terrific in yours!

    ReplyDelete