Wednesday, October 12, 2011

a happy accident...




I normally wouldn't post such an ugly pic...but I just had to show you the "happy accident of the day"...

Remember my last post where I showed you a photos of the cabinet with all the small drawers I picked out of the trash?? Well, I know some of you wanted me to leave the original finish. And trust me, I would have if I thought I could. I {LOVE} me some chippy, old paint!!

 BUT, since it was in a printing factory all those years there was ink all over the bottom half of the cabinet. Someone either dropped a big jar of it, or a machine was continually splashing it in the direction of the cabinet...whatever it was...I hated it. It just looked so gross and killed the look of the cabinet.

So I took my palm sander to it this morning, and look what I found!!



(See...I told you that ink was gross. Blah.)

Each drawer has a number underneath, and the gray paint lightens and brightens to be a PERFECT shade for my office.

Isn't it wonderful when something works out even better than you planned??

Ok, its back to the sander for me, girls! I can't wait to get this one finished!

24 comments:

  1. even more jealous than before ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and now I'm headed to Home Depot for my own palm sander....I need one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is remarkable, truly priceless! I'd be over the moon~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool find--I liked it before, now even more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool is that! Cant wait to see it finished!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love happy accidents. What a great discovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooh - numbers - I love that!
    (Sorry, some days it's the little things that make my heart beat faster!)

    Got myself a palm sander recently and am loving it. Am hoping to have some time for projects in a couple of weeks.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, like Christmas morning on the cabinet face! andrea@townandprairie

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cabinet gets better and better ... LOVE the numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, how utterly perfect. I am in love with it!! I need something exactly like it for my workspace. Jea-lous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Completely adorable!!! I need a happy accident too! Here's to hoping for one! Ha!! :)

    Blessings,
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! That is going to be so cool!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome find!!!!!!! :) It's gonna be gorrrgeous!!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky girl...can't wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to see it after your touch . . . love the drawers! I would have sanded too . . .

    ReplyDelete
  17. only you would find something so perfect my dear! I can't wait to see the end result!! missed you! xo, T

    ReplyDelete
  18. Serendipity DEE-LUXE! Looking forward to seeing how it looks with more of your elbow grease!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a happy find! Good for you...

    Warm blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete