Monday, October 10, 2011

what I'm doing today...




First order of business...Midwest girls - can you BELIEVE this weather??

A-MA-ZING!!!

I feel like I am living in the South! Shorts and flip-flops in October?? I love it!

I am doing yard work, painting trim, getting my flower beds in order for winter...so being a procrastinator hasn't proven to be a bad this this year after all!

Anyway. just thought I would check in and give you a tiny peek at what I am going to work on when I have some spare time this week...I know she is not much to look at now, but she has such potential! I have always been a sucker for cabinets with lots of little drawers.



16 drawers of loveliness...

{sigh...} I think I am in love.


old, chippy gray paint that needs a little 'sprucing up'...

not a full paint job, because I love the character of this one...but a fresh look is in order for this old girl

{removing old stickers...a dry brushing of a fresh gray paint...and old maps to line each drawer}

she served an old printing company in my city for over a 100 years, then was discarded and headed for the landfill. I rescued her and can't wait to give her a new home in my office!


Back to work for me, girls! The huge tree in my front yard decided to drop every single leaf it had overnight.

Anyone want to help me rake?? 

26 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you do with this piece. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool cabinet! You lucky!
    Markus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I can't wait to see how she turns out! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is something I would fall for too! Very cool.

    ♥Linsey
    http://farmhouseporch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a rescue!! Oh, I see endless possibilities too, I know you'll have a great time with this piece! It'll be beautiful, I can't wait to come back and see it!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want her just the way she is..but that's me and my taste.:D
    xx
    z

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cabinet - looking forward to seeing the end result. And yes, this weather is FABULOUS! Trying to suck it all in and not think about the umpteen months of winter that will follow, lest I end up in drooling in fetal position.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! That cabinet is the stuff that vintage dreams are made of!! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know right the weather in IOWA is amazing! I too have been working fervishly getting the yard ready for Winter, so your not alone!
    The cabinet...oh so chippy white & wonderful!
    Hugs~Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the piece of furniture. I like drawers too.

    Weather is unbelievable here in Michigan and we have had non stop seventies, blue skies, cool nights for almost two weeks!

    Forewarning . . . it is beginning to turn, just a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that piece! Can't wait to see what she looks like all spruced up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this weather is incredible! loving that cabinet my friend, can't wait to see her when she's all spruced up! let's get together sometime soon, now that we both have more free time, with shows being over...you game?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty! Rake, you say?
    Only if you help me with laundry. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your luck is amazing. I love it too. Thank your lucky stars you do not have to rake everyday under a black walnut tree! Heads up ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. If I help you rake, can I buy that perfect piece?
    :p
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok, seriously - I love it!!! And you know its history - even better!

    I would love to come help you rake. I'd trade our heat for leaves to rake any day!

    Kacey

    ReplyDelete
  17. Freaking out over that piece!! LUV LUV LUV!!!!
    xo,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay for you! Can't wait to see the finished piece. :)
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  19. That cabinet is beautiful!!

    If you change your mind and don't want it please let me know!!!!

    ps I think its amazing the way it is and doesn't need a drop of paint!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  20. L-O-V-E the cabinet!!!! You have the best luck finding these things :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. She is Gorgeous! Like all of your furniture.
    You are a talented young lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh so cute.
    hey, would you mind if I posted some of your pictures for my future blog posts?
    I wll credit you of course.

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  23. mary it's lovely! i'm sure you only make it prettier! we have lots of old trees and lots of leaves......need to get raking myself :) enjoy the day! susan

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great piece ... and an awesome rescue! Can't wait to see the finished result. I'm glad you're leaving her with some of the chippy. :)

    ReplyDelete