Wednesday, October 17, 2012

passing time on Pinterest...



As some of you know...I have a love for Pinterest. Somehow over 37,000 of you have discovered this. {Which totally cracks me up! Where the heck did all you Pinterest stalkers followers come from?? Well, glad you love what I love. Happy to have you following along! Now, if only I could channel this into my blog. Hee...hee!}

I am a girl that find inspiration everywhere I go. The wheels are constantly turning in my head, and I just can't seem to shut it off. This is where my love affair with my iPhone and Pinterest comes in. 

For example:

I was in line at the grocery store when I came across Melaine's tutorial on how to paint a 'chalkboard' sign on your wall...I mean seriously?? Does this woman ever sleep? She constantly comes up with the most amazing things for her home. Love her. And love her ambition. 



I was waiting for my tank to fill at the gas station when I found this idea for polaroid coasters. Again...fantastic idea! These are not my mama's cork coasters from long ago. These are super-cute, conversation-starting, memories-on-display-in-a-cool-way kind of coasters. I WILL be making this one snowy day this winter. 



Long line at Barnes & Noble??...well...I better see whats happening in Pinterestland. 

That is when I came across Jill and her genius bookcase idea. Beautiful slat-backed bookcases made possible with...are you ready for this....3M tape??? I mean really, how AWESOME is that? Love Jill. She has amazing style, and to know she pulls it off on a dime...love her even more. 

Another snowy-day project. Check.  



Now my Pinterest love runs deeper than just project inspiration...I just love pretty things. 

Waiting at the DMV I found this lovely photo...

Cool old bike + fall leaves on the ground = I am totally sucked in and will TOTALLY repin you. 

It made the whole DMV 'experience' more enjoyable, I have to say!




Another of my favs? Words. Words that make me think...long after I have put the phone back in my purse after leaving the waiting room at the doctor's office. Or is to distract me while I am there?? Either way, it works. 


(all photos can be found via my Pinterest boards

I have had a few people tell me they just don't get the point of Pinterest. To each his own, I say. But for me...it brings a little 'pretty' into my day when I am doing things that are quite the opposite. 

{Happy Wednesday, girls!}