Thursday, June 24, 2010

I'm going from "before"...to "after"...



Ummm...anybody still out there?? I figure you have all forgotten about little ol' me since I haven't done a post in a week!

And what a week it has been...

Mother Nature had a serious attitude problem this past weekend. We had storms. And more storms. And wind. And that was some wicked wind she whipped up, let me tell you! I would like to bill Miss Mother Nature for the 6 not-so-cheap and no-longer-beautiful hanging baskets that did not survive her mood swings over the weekend.

Oh, and how can I forget my recent near-death experience with food poisoning over the weekend, too?? Oh yeah, now that was a good time. 33 hours of porcelain-hugging torture. You know what I mean. Everyone out there has either had it...or know someone that has. Its not pretty. I think it will be a loooong time before chicken enters my body again.

While I was recovering I had quite a it of time to think about the endless list of projects I need to get done around our "new" house. Can I call it "new" if this is my third summer in this house and I have yet to really finish decorating a room?

Anyhoo...as I drifted in and out of consciousness, I decided my sunroom was going to be my project of the moment. It is almost there...I just have a couple projects to tackle before I can start the fun part and fill the room. I have a pinky promise with the hubs that I will finsih it - soon. As in check-it-off-the-list-this-goose-is-cooked and we can move on to the next room kind of finished. 

It is my favorite room in the house...but it is just sitting there.


Empty. Lonely looking. Needing some love.

So...I have started to take it from "before"...to "after"...and hope to be finished in just a few weeks. Oh, and how I can't wait to show you the before. Its a whopper, let me tell you.


Here are the photos that have inspired me so far...you may recognize these photos from a post I did about a month ago...but I fell so in love with the feel of this house I have to bring it into my own.



This photo inspired me to paint my wood walls and exposed brick my favorite shade...'cloud white'...the floors are going to be painted next week - I can't wait! I'll be sure to show you photos. So many of you seem to be interested in painted wood floors, so I will be sure to photograph the play-by-play of how we did it.




This photo has me obsessed with that coffee table. We are going to try to build that one...isn't it just beach heaven??



I only have room for one sofa...so it has to be perfect. Cozy...comfy...this is a room all about relaxation. When I am out here...I want to feel like this...



Sorry...I know that photo makes no sense...but I love it so it had to make the cut.

 Back to the sofa....



I think Crate & Barrel has the sofa I am going to go with. Down cushions, white slipcover...it is like sitting on a cloud. Sounds perfect to me!

Once I can get the "bones" of the room done, and my sofa arrives...I will be on to the fun part. The accessories and the reveal! I can't wait...stay tuned...I can't wait to show you pics!

Today I am off to my warehouse...I have a round dining table, corner hutch, queen size sleigh bed and a desk all waiting for a bath in white paint. Oh, and for all of you that have emailed...I will have 63 empty white frames for the show next weekend...if I can get them all painted today, that is! So be there early on Saturday, they always go first!

Happy Thursday, girls!