Friday, June 25, 2010

someone please pick me up off the floor...




I've been painting all day...

I'm hot. I'm sweaty. And as I type this I have little speckles of white paint all over my hands and arms.

A day in the life, as they say.

I have to make dinner...then go back to paint a few more brushstrokes...but that, my friends,  is going to have to wait.

Because I just stumbled on this...

I am glued to my monitor and about fell out of my chair.

Seriously.

It is that good.



This amazing woman took a 9ft x 14 ft shack that started like this...



And with hard work, salvaged materials, thrift store finds and only $3,000...yes I said only three-thousand-dollars, she created a magnificent retreat in the mountains of New York.

And the best part??

She did it all.by.herself. 


Ok, no more words. The photos will speak for themselves.




















(Photos by Trevor Tondro for The New York Times)


Wasn't that fantastic???

If you want to read the story behind Ms. Foster and her little cottage, click here.

And what I am loving the most...she has a blog! Check it out...My Shabby Streamside Studio

Happy Weekend, my friends.