Thursday, March 24, 2011

minnesota or bust!...and a little contest, too!



As I sit and type this, I am 9.5 hours away from my Minnesota roadtrip!

I just want to get on the road...I can't wait!

I was born with wanderlust running through my veins. I totally blame and thank my parents for this affliction. Growing up, Mom and Dad would pile all 8 kids (plus my Dad's "little brother" from the Big Brothers/Big Sisters program, he was like the 9th child in our family) and head out to places unknown. I have such vivid memories of going down backroads in our huge Ford van...in search of history, nature, adventure...any and all of those...no agenda or plans...just to see where life would take us.

I still take trips like that, and I love every minute of it.

But this time, I do have an agenda.

I have a date.

With a man.

And don't worry, the hubs knows all about it. He lets me have a date with this man about 4 times a year.

Before this gets sounding too weird, here is a hint...




Anyone recognize him??

If you can look at that photo and know who I am talking about simply
by the jeans and rippling back muscles we are destined to be best friends, so call me ok?

I know the photo, is a little dark...I took it when we had our "date" last year. my hubs just rolls his eyes when I come home from these outings with photos like this as the screensaver on my phone. Hee...hee!

He has a voice that makes me all swoony.

And those jeans aren't so bad either....

*sigh*

Tomorrow night he is going to put those tight jeans on and sing to me. Yes, me. Ok, ok, so there are going to be 27,999 other people in the room. Details...details...I won't even notice, and I am sure he won't either. Or at least that is what I am telling myself. 

 Tomorrow night is my moment to be totally shallow. And silly. And school-girl like. 

I work hard the other 364 days of the year. I deserve a little silliness now and then, don't you think??

Oh, and if you happen to be one of those 27,999 people that are crashing my "private concert" and are maybe looking for me afterwards...I will be in the back lot trying to sneak onto a tour bus in hopes of living the rest of my life on an island in the Caribbean.

But, should I get caught...and booted off said bus, Saturday you can find me flitting all around the Minneapolis/St. Paul area shopping and packing my car with vintage goodness.

And maybe stuffing myself with a few of those cupcakes I mentioned the other day.

Anyone want to follow along on my little roadtrip adventure??




There are a few secret places along the way in Wisconsin I ALWAYS stop at because I know they hide the best "junk" in those little towns! Follow along and I will give you a little preview and show you some of my favorite places to shop as I head North! I can't wait to see what I can come home with.

Unfortunately, I doubt it will be the man in the tight jeans I referred to in photo #1.


By now, you've gotta know who I am talking about...but just to make it fun...take a guess and leave me a comment telling me who.
. When I get back, I will pick a winner from the correct guesses and you will win a little somethin' somethin' I picked up on my trip!

Have a FANTASTIC weekend, girls!

I know I will!

* wink...wink... *

54 comments:

  1. Well, it's your darling boyfriend, Kenny Chesney of course!

    Have a great trip!

    Kacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenny Chesney!!! I love him, my hubby understands too! And we share the same bday. Fate? I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the sleeves or lack there of says it has to be Summertimes Kenny Chesney!!
    Have fun girl!
    I have the answer for gettin' on that bus...
    but I'll never tell.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely Kenny - he's my ringtone FYI! Funny
    cuz women always smile when my phone goes off!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA! i love how you kept Kenny's identity a secret- i can only imagine what some ladies would be thinking if they hadn't reconized those tight jeans ;) i love me some Mr.Chesney!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe - have a blast. He was just in Tampa to start his tour. He's awesome. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Must be Kenny for sure!! Sounds like you are going to have a blast. Can't wait to see all your goodies!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is a doll! Love him!

    Have a fun and safe trip, Mary!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary can I come too, but not for the concert, I'm a MN lover at heart, born and raised and so miss the midwest. I very jealous of your adventure, please shop and love my state for me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you lucky gal ~ going to see Kenny Chesney ~ I love those jeans...Happy junking ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh crum, had I gotten here first, I surely woulda gotten it right!

    You are so funny!!! And you get to see him FOUR times a year? Wow!

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's just to cute, that Kenny Chesney! We just saw him last weekend here in South Florida. It was a great concert! Have a wonderful time on your girls trip and in the Carribean with your man..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do believe that is Mr. Kenny Chesney. I've seen him in concert and he certainly does not dissapoint...Have a great time!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kenny, of course!!! Enjoy your getaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kenny Chesney Baby!!! Yee Haw!! I just saw him last week with Zac Brown Band in Tampa.. what a show!! Woo Hoo!!! Have a great time with "our" man! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. EEK!!! Kenny Chesney!!! I so want to see him in my town but it's a little too close to my due date :( Maybe I should go and Kenny could deliver the baby. It would make for a good story..lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kenny! I've seen him concert about 4 times now, always a good show!

    iweezeri(@)hotmail(.)com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww if you get in his pick-up without me I am going to be ticked! Have fun. I love the shops in Madison WI and Colombus has a big one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have a great time at the concert and good luck on your road trip! Sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  20. have a great time! And I know that tush... you should come here.... I know who his dentist is ;o I promise I am not a stalker! I have a big crush on Robert Pattinson that my husband deals with but totally doesn't understand heehee!
    Pick up some good junk too m'kay?

    ReplyDelete
  21. it's the biceps for me darling ... I knew before finishing the question ...
    We saw him in a big country bar here ... up CLOSE ... standing right under this little makeshift stage ... BEFORE anyone heard of him.

    swoon for me

    ReplyDelete
  22. Have fun at your private serenade. We all deserve to be sung to every now and then:) I can't wait to hear about your fabulous vintage finds too. I recently moved to Iowa, and have been hearing some wonderful things about the finds in Minnesota. I'm thinking I might have to plan a roadtrip as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i wanna spend the weekend with kenny! and cupcakes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. All that way to see Kenny Chesney! It must be love!

    Be sure to let us know where in Minneapolis you are shopping. I'm going next week and don't want to miss a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I would know that back side from any line up!!

    The one and only Kenny Chesney, I’m supper jealous, have fun!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's Kenny Chesney of course! Have a great time and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's Kenny Chesney right? At first I thought it was some great "junk" guy, but it's totally Kenny!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh he is a cutie, Mr Chesney :)

    But, he takes a backseat to MY favorite country boy....Tim McGraw. Gaaawd is he gorgeous! Thank goodness my hubby is his stunt double :) People stop my hubby and tell him he looks like Tim McGraw all the time :) Me and Faith are lucky gals...hehe

    Have a blast!!!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  29. If you have the time, stop in at Antiques Minnesota located off of 35W and Hwy 13 and Nicollet Ave. I have a booth there. Lots of fun shops in Hopkins too!
    Where is the cupcake shop??!!
    Have a great time.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  30. Suzanne BradshawFri Mar 25, 01:50:00 PM

    Kenny Chesney is my hall pass. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  31. So you are off to see Kenny Chesney, huh?!! Lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yes, Kenny! I saw him in DSM last night!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Kenny Chesney for sure! Have a great roadtrip!

    ReplyDelete
  34. why of course! Kenny!

    have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  35. That's Kenny's Bum... Im sure of it..
    Cant wait till you post again with your finds and "secret spots".

    ReplyDelete
  36. Have a great time and who wouldn't know that tush?? grab some good junk! stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I bet Kenny Chesney!!! Going to see him this fall too:)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Oh,they're some sweet sweet jeans..Kenny Chesney...SWOON SWOON SWOON..xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'd know that behind anywhere!!! Kenny Chesney of course! Deb chedeb5353@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I recognize that butt! Oh Kenny, your so cute! Have a great time! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  41. Kenny Chesney...and my sister is going too. She's single...haha....I wonder if Kenny likes Portillo's? Can't wait til you show us the goods- from your junkin sidetrip :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. The arms, the rippled muscles, the jeans...Ahhh!
    It's Kenny Chesney of course. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Of course, it's Kenny Chesney!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Sorry, the posterior view didn't trigger, but Caribbean did. Has to be Kenny Chesney, I'm jealous-have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Um, Kenny Chesney baby! So lucky you are...

    ReplyDelete
  46. I've turned him into a family addiction! My two girls love him too! Can't wait to see him in NC this summer!!! Mr Kenny Chesney!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I'd know that cute bottom anywhere!!! You're going to see Kenny.....I'm so jealous you lucky girl!! Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I am a little "behind" on my blog reading...I recognize that tush anywhere! He is my one true love too! I sat in the 2nd row when he was on Oprah last year...I was swooning. Hope it was a great show!!

    ReplyDelete