Monday, March 28, 2011

minnesota roadtrip finds...




Whew! What a weekend it was!

I had 2 whirlwind days of driving...junking...singing...and I loved every single minute of it!

To me, there is something soothing to the soul to get in the car and take a roadtrip. I stopped off in some great little towns to see what goodies I could find for Etsy...and of course found a few things for me, too.

From my last post, we all know by now the highlight of my trip was getting to spend the evening with Mr. Kenny Chesney...he rocked our socks off! It was some serious fun, and I can't wait to see him again in May! I was hoping to meet up with Jill at the concert, but my running late because of traffic combined with Kenny deciding to play an hour and a half longer than planned...well...it just didn't work out. That made me sad, because too soon she will be off to Portland.

*sigh*...there is just never enough time...

I had some great finds this weekend. I will be loading the Etsy store throughout the week, but I wanted to show you some "big" things that caught my fancy, too! I used my old point-and-shoot camera this weekend, so my apologies for my pics not being the best. But still, there was some gorgeous eye candy along the road and I just had to show you!


First up, an antique European armoire that I fell in *LOVE* with. The price was unbelievable! I am seriously thinking about going back up and buying this old girl for my dining room.

I have always had a love for old, raw pine wood. It reminds me of driftwood.



This is another piece that made me freak out a little...look at all those drawers!! It was a seed cabinet back in the day. I saw one recently at an antique mall for $3500. This beauty was just $400...kicking myself already for not buying it for my studio space.





 * sigh *




I am seriously considering this old factory table for my kitchen island. I am crazy about the galvanized legs..and the top is solid wood butcher block. I am not sure if old wood is a good choice for a kitchen top. I am going to do a little research and see if I can clean and seal it somehow, yet retain the natural look.




I just thought this chandi was so cute! I would lose the shades, but I love the simplicity and the touch of aqua.




I went to a architectural salvage store and as ususal got lost in the "door room" for quite a while. I have a thing for old doors...and this one caught my eye. Wouldn't it be fabulous on a barn door track??




No words needed here...all those baskets will speak for me.




And lastly...another cabinet just calling my name.

I came home and the first thing I told me husband was...

"We are moving. I need a bigger house."




And in a style all his own, my big, strapping hunk of husband simply said...

"Ok."

Love that man.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

I am off to work on my guest room a little today. It has been a long time coming, but I hope to be able to share some exciting news on what has been going on with the Urban Plains Project! I am about to bust with excitement!

Happy Monday!




47 comments:

  1. wow. I love all those pieces. A door room? awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would have lost my mind there! wow!! those baskets made my heart skip a beat.
    you can totally use that table for an island with the wood top. Sand it down and use tung oil - the real kind, not the petroleum by product. the real kin will never be toxic to use or have harmful odors. i found mine for my butcher block here - www.realmilkpaint.com
    http://www.realmilkpaint.com/dark_oil.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is I'm in LOVE! Oh, and I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean! I am constantly finding things I love, but no where for them to go! Sometimes I do a little switch out. About Kenny...I know it was wonderful! I can't wait til he gets to NC! Missed him last year!
    Debbi @ the beach

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You picked some great pieces to show! I'd love a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is it about cabinets with little drawers -- that one for $400 I'd be seriously thinking about bring home. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness,
    I am so jealous that you spent the evening with Kenny, I love that man! :)
    Love all of the treasures, especially the pine piece in the first photo.
    Have a great week.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m with ya, I don't know what it is about industrial things mixed with chippy wood there is nothing better.

    I’m seriously thinking about getting in my car and tracking down that seed cabinet, 400. seriously!!! I never see good deals like that.

    Thanks for sharing
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! I am drooling over here!! I absolutely love that table...would take that thing in a heartbeat. :) Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adore that cabinet I know just waht I would do with it!! Congrats!

    I have a new giveaway up I think you will love…from The Zhush!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! I lurve that armoire. It's so classy, yet a little rustic. Drool. Glad you had such a great time!

    P.S. Where are the pics of our Kenny?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a blast! Just love the armoire & seed cabinet! Happy Monday working on your guest room.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful finds! I would have loved to come along with you.

    Thank you soo much for sharing,

    Cherie
    P.S. Did they also have a window room?

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, I don't think I could have come home without that cabinet of drawers. Getting in the car and heading to Minnesota....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such great finds. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kenny and all those amazing things in one weekend? What a great trip!
    Love that table...and the seed cabinet.

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. OH my goodness! These treasures are straight out of my dream house :)
    Thanks for sharing and letting me swoon a little bit !!!
    Hope you have a great week!
    -Emily @ Crisp Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  18. We absolutely could not shop together...we love the same things. Exactly the same things.

    There'd be hair pullin', for sure. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything looks so pretty! Especially that door- stunning. I would love to have that for myself. Looks like you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you made it to Hunt & Gather! I am sad I missed you but know our paths will cross again. I still am realing from that concert - I feel lucky to have been there!
    xo~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  21. what great finds! I would have definately bought that seed cabinet...only to have my kids pull all the drawers out :/
    ok. maybe i wouldn't have.
    but it sure is something!

    -Amanda
    evelynandflora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the pine cupboard but that seed cabinet...
    oh my! Great finds and photos! Thanks for sharing...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. holy cow where were you??? heaven?!
    antique junk heaven.
    take me with you next time.
    pleeeeeease.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great finds! I would drive a lot of miles for that seed cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Seriously!! Cool stuff. Cant wait to hear WHERE you went and how the cupcakes were???
    DETAILS!!! Please

    ReplyDelete
  26. You totally ran across some cool stuff. The barn door is my favorite. Wish I didn't live so far away. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, sounds like a fun trip! I'm loving the old factory table, and the metal baskets...sigh.
    Thanks for sharing your great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  28. what fantastic things! I agree...you need a bigger house - with finds like that!!

    Thanks so much for putting my sale on your sidebar Mary...so nice of you....

    xo+blessings,
    Anne Marie

    ReplyDelete
  29. amazing finds...that wood counter/table with the galvanized legs would be so cool in the kitchen!
    sounds like you had a great trip, glad you got some "me" time for yourself as i know you are feverishly working to get things ready for Kane County!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Super, super amazing finds and prices!!! But then again, that's Minn.!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wowzers! You offered some serious eye candy here!
    Love that last cabinet on wheels...fabulous!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  32. Okay, that is 176 drawers of beauty, and the price was a steal. But I weighed at least 400 pounds. It would have been a dream to own.

    Smiles,

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  33. i'm speechless.....that seed cabinet, wow! how fun and i love that door perfect for on a track. i so want to do that in my house! thanks for making me drool :) susan

    ReplyDelete
  34. p.s. can't wait to see what you're up too!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What a lovely roadtrip! I'm in love with the seed cabinet! So eager to hear your news... :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Okay, here's the thing - I love all of the things you pictured - and in fact have had and sold (and regretted) a version of just about everything you pictured! You love what I love!

    Love that! Check out my blog - scroll through it and you'll see what I mean! The lockers, the apothecary, the bakery table (once bought one loaded with 20 years of flour and grease and turned into a kitchen island!). So, yeah, kindred spirits!

    Gail
    www.thekramerangle.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh I love that cabinet with all the drawers for $400.the seed cabinet I seen one at a feed store
    once
    You really do need that and I do also for the studio.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow Mary, you totally scored. Everything is fantastic, especially the seed cabinet.
    Cheers, jj

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wondered where you saw the drawered cabinet for $400? I'm in love!

    laurenelysebowman(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  40. The pieces you spotted are incredible! I can't wait to see what you add to your shop. I know it will all be wonderful.

    I have to tell you that I opened up my own Etsy shop last week and am having a blast with it. You, without knowing, have been such an inspiration to me. Thank you very much.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  41. Mary....I speachless, what great stuff! I too, love old doors and will be using a few for a new project. Next time I'm coming along with you.

    xo kelley

    ReplyDelete
  42. Incredible. Awesome. Amazing. Beautiful. What else can I say???? I would'ave taken all of those things home - and then remortgage the house..... lol!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  43. I can hardly stand it, I love everything so much!!!!! YES! That factory table for your kitchen island would be COOL!
    GREAT finds!!!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  44. I had a bunch of friends go see Chesney and they had a great time. Sure hope you waved when you saw the Ames sign, lol!

    Ok seriously drooling over the things you saw. How cool to use that table as an island.

    Great response from your hubby, :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Looks like you had a lot of fun! Do you mind telling us where the stores are in Minn.
    I am from there and would like to visit them when I go home. Thanks so much
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  46. What an incredible worker you are. So much stuff, so few hours in a day. Loved your photos. Love your work.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete