Tuesday, April 26, 2011

mary...mary...



 

My namesake.

A beautiful dresser with curves and carvings...and she is painted the most beautiful shades of gray and white!

My friend Michelle...from Vintage Junky...gave new life to this antique beauty. One day last week she posted a note on Twitter saying she needed to come up with a name for a piece she was finishing. (She names all the pieces she paints, isn't that the coolest thing? Why don't I ever think of things like that??)

 Anyway, I of course responded that "Mary" sounded like a nice simple, yet vintage name. Hee....hee!

Wow. As I just typed that I realized even my first name is considered 'vintage'. My Mom knew what she was doing!

Anyway, that crazy girl Michelle did name her Mary!! And I love her. Every inch of gray paint and chippy-ness is just so "me", so I would say the name fits perfectly!




I love how she lined the drawers...




The contrast of the gray and the white is so beautiful...and those handles??...beyond fabulous!




Now, who lives in Tennessee and wants to adopt me...I mean 'Mary'??

I wish I lived closer, because I would scoop her up for my guest bedroom. I hear she is waiting patiently at her new home at Winchester Antiques in Franklin, TN so if someone makes the drive to take her home, I want to hear about it! And just so you know, I will be jealous.

Oh, and did you all know Michelle has an incredible Etsy shop, too!? Well she does...so click over and take a look at the goodies she has to offer. I've got my eye on a couple of things myself! She has an amazing collection of milk glass and tarnished silver that makes my little heart go pitter-patter!


Ok, I am off for another day at my warehouse. I have 2 huge trucks that need to be loaded with furniture on Thursday, so I have to get the finishing touches done today! I hope to have a photo preview of what I am bringing to the show on the blog by Friday.

Wish me luck!

35 comments:

  1. It's a work of art... Good Luck!

    Pattie
    The Shabby Chick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Mary! Can't wait to see your pics! I recently found Michelle's blog and I love it just as much as you do.

    Rachel
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I really like that. Great job Michelle! I'm in MARYland, which means she is just out of my reach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a pretty one...I even thought to myself when she showed it to us, maybe "the" Mary was you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love seeing pieces re-invented.

    I was checking my stats the other day and saw that your urban farmgirl blog sends a lot of traffic my way through your blog roll. So Thank You Mary! I appreciate it.

    Chania

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable. I'm going to Nashville in a few weeks, but don't think I could take it on the plane!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary is beautiful!! I love her!!


    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    Send your friends and...Come and enter my very Fashionable Giveaway from the French Basketeer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty--and what a labor of love. Speaking of love, I love junking with my girlfriends in Franklin, Tenn. We'll have to check out her shop next time we're there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are too sweet! Thanks for the mention! Good luck with all that furniture! Can't wait to see your pieces!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the crispness of white against the gray. It looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful dresser!! Good luck with the show!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!

    Mary Ellen
    The Working Home Keeper

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh it is beautiful...and you know i NEED a dresser! i am hoping to get one from you at the show...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful Frenchness! Love it, Mary!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh, she's as
    pretty as her namesake!
    Someone is going to
    be very, very happy
    with this little treasure.
    Hope the C&R room is
    coming along ~ fun stuff,
    Mary!
    xx Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. awww...that dressers as cute as you are ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Being a Mary I LOVE it! Now, her next piece should be named "Theresa" ~ that would be fun!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute! I just love the lines on this little dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My sister lives in Franklin! Can't wait for my next visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a lovely piece and a great name! i will be sure to check out her shop! can't wait to see your pics!! have a great day! susan

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am mere minutes from Franklin... I may be taking a detour on the way home! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello,

    It's beautiful! I wish I lived near by.
    Take care,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is a gorgeous piece! I love Vintage Junky. I was hopping over to see how your room was coming along & to say hello. ;)

    Happy Friday,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's a beauty, Mary.
    She's as lovely as her namesake, inside and out.
    (I know that sounds like I'm saying your insides are lined with vintage paper. Maybe not paper, but vintage spirit, right?)
    Hope your show is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE, LOVE this piece! The white and gray combo is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This gives me such inspiration for a chest of mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello,

    I wanted you take a look at those lovely wooden industrial drawers. I took pictures finally. I put them in my kitchen cubbies and they fit perfectly. Love them and get many compliments. Thank you again. Such a great etsy shop and beautiful blog.
    Take care,
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete