Wednesday, January 4, 2012

i {heart} pine...




I am hoping to get a little makeover to my home office completed this month. Notice I say 'this month'...I am always amazed when I visit a blog and see someone complete a room transformation in just a few days. How do they do that?? I have to sneak a few minutes in here and there between client orders, working on the house we are flipping and the never-ending laundry pile. Please tell me I'm not the only one that takes this long??

Anyway, I use the smallest bedroom in our home or my office. The room is only 10x12 and the interior wall that is only 10 feet, has 7 1/2 feet of closet on it. The two outside walls have huge windows on them. Each one is 4 ft wide x 5 feet tall. Those are big windows for such a little room, so it makes furniture placement a little tricky. 

I have an 'odd' corner between those windows, and nothing every really seemed to work right in that space. I walked in to the room last week, and I decided it was time, literally, to do something with this room. I have those moments...I ignore a space and then like flipping a switch I decide its time to change it up. As in RIGHT. NOW. My hubs probably thinks I am crazy. But, he goes along with my whims without saying a word, so we drove to my warehouse to see if I had anything on hand I could use. 

And there, buried waaaay in the back I found this old girl...




I picked her up at an auction last winter, hoping I would find a place for her - someday. 

I cannot tell you how much I love this cupboard! The perfect piece to go with my crisp white walls. Thank goodness I never sold this piece. I can't wait to fill her with pretty things...

Since we are on the subject of my home office....I'll show you a few inspiration pics from my Pinterest files that I am using for this space. 

I also found this exact.same.desk while I was dragging things out at my warehouse. It is solid oak...an old teacher's desk from our school district. It is being painted white as we speak, I hope to have it finished up and in place this weekend. 




Above the desk, I am thinking I need a bulletin board. I rather love the 'unstructured' style of this one...




Maybe that would help tame the 6,247 pieces of paper that somehow accumulate on the top of my desk. 

Well girls, Happy Wednesday to you! 

I am off to pack Etsy orders. I loaded the shop with some new things last night and they went so fast! I am going through the treasures from my grandmother's home right now...so if you see a lot of roses this week, that is why. She loved her pink roses!


31 comments:

  1. Funny....I've been thinking (a lot) lately about redoing my office too...ans I'm liking your inspiration. And I'm l.o.v.i.n.' that pine cupboard...it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lots of spaces in my house that need redoing and I know they'll take more than a few days or probably even a few months for the matter. I love that pine cupboard! Can't wait to see how your office comes together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny...I have office organization on the brain too! It must be a new year...new you..sort of thing.

    Your pine cabinet is darling!

    Happy New Year!

    Best, Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the second unstructured board. Not only am I hearting the scallop design on the boarder but I like that it looks like an inspiration board more than an organization board, even though it is accomplishing exactly that. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cupboard is amazing, can't wait to see how you put it all together, have fun!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see that little rug peeping out from under your new corner cabinet. The warm neutrals in your photo blend so cheerfully! andrea@townandprairie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I L-O-V-E your new/old cabinet. It has so much character and the colour is perfect! Can't wait to see the reveal! Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how wonderful! I love everything but especially that pine hutch - WOW, what a beauty of a piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that cabinet is AWESOME! i can't wait to see it all come together- the inspiration images are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how I know what you mean about those rooms. My office (I work from home) is along the sole wall surface in our "den" - a mere 6 feet of wall abutting another mere 5 feet (with a massive heat register that has to be worked around). It's a 14x14ish room with one wall that's 60% French door to the rest of the house, another wall that's all fireplace and built-in bookshelf, and a wall and a half of almost floor-to-ceiling window and door, edge to edge. Sounds lovely, but it's a beast to work with. :-) Lovely hutch and desk - can't wait to see what you end up with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i resolved this year to not act like a crazy person and re-do a room in a few days! i would just go at it non-stop until i was done...then, because I rushed, I always ended up changing things far too much after the fact, creating even more projects and holes in the walls. so now, i am being a patient girl and letting things evolve more organically so to speak. love that cabinet! your office will be amazing, can't wait to see it!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH my NO..you ARE NOT the only one. It rolls that way around my home too. Often blogging and renovating take a back seat to life...and it is what it is. No apologies:)
    I love the cupboard too...take your time and enjoy and be present in the process
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to seeing it all come together - what a gorgeous cupboard!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary -
    Are you kidding me - that cabinet was hiding in the back of your storage unit???????? How lucky are you - just shop your unit when you want to spruce up your house! Happy New Year!!!
    xo~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so glad you didn't sell it either! What a gorgeous cabinet. Can't wait to see the outcome.

    Rachel
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi~ I just found your blog through Dreamy Whites and have now just realized that I just did a treasury on Etsy and I included your wallpaper. I knew the name seemed familiar. Anyways,I love your blog and I adding you to my blog roll. Looking forward to reading more in 2012.
    ~Cheryl

    ~~My Etsy shop is called My Soulful Home~~

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely cabinet! Good choice! I will be waiting for your finished project.

    Blessings,
    Becki

    ReplyDelete
  18. That cabinet could vacation in my house. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd love to have a warehouse to put all the furniture I see and love! so very cool...

    right now, my garage will have to do. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. just read janie's comments. you would have driven that far to see us?? uh totally should have capitalized on THAT! i definitely didn't get much time with you at dunn bros.;) oh and loved the chair in that last pict. keeping my eye out for one for my piano. wouldn't that be awesome! happy new year girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  21. just read janie's comments. you would have driven that far to see us?? uh totally should have capitalized on THAT! i definitely didn't get much time with you at dunn bros.;) oh and loved the chair in that last pict. keeping my eye out for one for my piano. wouldn't that be awesome! happy new year girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that workspace in the last photo! Just discovered your blog and your etsy shop~I am a new fan of both! Pop on over to visit swededreamer if you get a chance!
    Blessings for the new year,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  23. love your new old girl. she is wonderful. Where did you get the cute wire waste basket?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooh…pretty...shopping in your own stuff is the best!

    Happy New Year, Mary!

    : )

    Julie M.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy new year miss mary....I like all of your plans for 2012 and with your mary style I am sure everything will be absolutely fantastic!! muwahhh...Tara

    ReplyDelete
  26. That pine cupboard is exquisite! I'm hopefully turning a son's bedroom into a workroom in a few months, and I'm gathering inspiration in a pinterest board, too! Can't wait to see yours as you continue making it just right.
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, I just discovered your blog - I *love* that pine cupboard - it's stunning!

    Like you, I have the smallest bedroom in our house as my "retreat", and my room sounds like it's even smaller than yours - one wall is almost completely a closet, and another wall is practically floor to ceiling window - it's wonderful having all that light, but it does make placing furniture difficult.

    I like the idea of having a pinboard above the desk. I can't wait to see your updated room!

    ReplyDelete
  28. You should really free up the wall that has the enormous closet. Remove the doors or not. This is a fantastic place for your desk/bulletin board and some possible wall art. This will give the illusion of a more open space.....we all seek more space...."To Raom in The Open"........Enjoy!
    .........Your Midwest Cousin.

    ReplyDelete