Saturday, January 14, 2012

right now...






I never really like to do a picture-less post. We all love the pictures, you know. But tonight, I just felt the need to do this post. Susan (Hometown Girl) did this one last week...she got the idea from Tara (Between You & Me), so I thought it only fitting I follow suit (with permission, of course). Thanks, Susan for letting me copy you inspiring me!

I am starting to feel better...thank goodness! Thank you for all the well wishes, I will announce the winner of my giveaway on Monday and then start answering all those questions you left for me!


So here is what I am doing...right now.

watching: American Pickers. I just turned it on, and it is the episode where they are in my town, picking an old warehouse that is not far from mine!! How weird is that?? 

eating: Don't tell my Beachbody coach, but I just had pizza for dinner. And italian salad. And maybe a little cheesy garlic bread. Hey, I'm doing the P90X workout. I haven't eaten real food since I was blessed with this lovely virus. I thought a few calories should be part of my Friday night plan. Feed a cold, right??

drinking: I have switched from the throat soothing Diet 7-up to Hot Apple Cider with a splash of orange juice. Bliss!

needing: To take my Christmas wreath down from by my front door.  It slaps me in the face every day when I get home, but yet I cannot remember 10 seconds after I walk in the door to take it down. 

wearing: Ooooooh, you are all going to stop reading after this. Brace yourself. Light green fuzzy polar fleece pjs with a pepto-bismol pink polar fleece robe over them. Oh, and slipper-boots. I looove slippers that are tall like boots. My favorite thing - ever!

 I have been sick. I wanted comfort. Don't judge.

avoiding: Filing the 1,698 pieces of paper on my desk. Paper is my nemesis. 

feeling: Sinus pressure. 

missing: The ability to breathe through BOTH my nostrils at the same time. 

thankful: For Pinterest and my iPhone. Talk about a way for a girl to pass the time! I am in line at the grocery store pinning away...I just cannot be idle for one moment in my life. It's a sickness I tell you. I must do multiple things at all times. 

weather: 36 hours ago it was sunny and 54 degrees here in Illinois. Within in the last 24 hours we got whopped with 6-8 inches of snow and the official temperature right now is 7 degrees. Gotta love the Midwest!

praying for: This is a shallow answer, but I am going to an auction this weekend at an old sign factory. It is full of old signs and an antique card catalog I have my eye on. Please, please, please let me come home with a full truck! I never thought I would say this, but I am soooo excited to stand in 23 degree weather for 6 hours just to see what I can snag at this one!

needing to: Finish the house I am 'flipping' with my hubs. It seriously needs to be on the market by the end of the month. Tomorrow I have to paint kitchen cabinets and some pretty new beadboard in the bathroom, and I am sooooooo not feelin' it. Why oh why have I lost my DIY mojo?? If someone finds, please let me know. I am sure my hubs will offer a reward. 

thinking: That if I hear Mike from American Pickers say "I'll pop on that" one more time in this episode...I am going to get in my car, drive through the night to LeClair Iowa and just let the man have it.

Ok. Sorry. I'm over it now. But while I was typing this, I swear he said that phrase 6,245 times! Alright already!

loving: These boots. Aren't they fantastic?? I NEED them!


via

Happy Weekend, girls!

I'll be back on Monday! 

40 comments:

  1. Mary, I hope you feel better really soon. I recently read that if you rub Vicks Vapour rub on your feet and cover them in socks before you go to bed, this really helps with congestion. May be hog wash, buy maybe worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh...poor you. I am sure just the act of writing this post was therapeutic....right? If I was you I would be buying those boots.....that might help...no?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was fun. Love those boots! Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just couldn't quite do it without a picture. :) It's amazing how conditioned we are to expecting many pictures and few words. Wish I could go to the sign auction! Feel better.
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your feeling better soon. LOVE this post! Those boots are to die for and I think they are just the medicine you need to feel better:)
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you are feeling down (and I am still in recovery) Anything cozy and comforting is a must!!

    I do hope you find some great things at the auction as I know that will perk you right up!

    Xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the same crud, hope you feel better...just rest. I do that to myself when I am sick , driving myself crazy about all the things I should be doing. Those boots are amazing,

    ReplyDelete
  9. My heart is beating faster just at the thought of that auction! Girl, I hope you bring home the GOODS!! Feel better, too.

    ps - I'm in my slipper boots as we speak. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Regarding your "thankful" statement- I never do nothing. I'm glad I'm not alone. My daughters think I'm nuts :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post! You can never have too much polar fleece when you're feeling icky. Hope those sinuses clear soon! And thanks for the sweet comment on my big beach art xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you feel better soon! I just realized you were in Illinois and I am not too far from you..I will have to come visit here in the near future : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Feel better soon... I think I'm getting something and now your scaring me! I need the boots too btw!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the boots too...

    enjoyed your post...may have to lift the idea myself tomorrow.........

    thanks for the 'inspiration'...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Feel better girl.. And I m with you on the boots... may have to be "inspired" to do a post like this as well!!!
    Smiles~
    Cricket

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your post was enjoyable to read and I hope you are feeling better soon..Good Luck at your upcoming sign auction..Have a great weekend..and HOORAY for the slipper boots..I have a pair and love them a lot..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those boots are almost as fantastic as you are,and that's not bad!Love your honesty:)))
    Tove

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am also stuffed up & not feeling my best today. Pizza was also on the menu at my house today. I love American Pickers but sometimes Mike can be a bit much! We are enjoying our first bit of winter here in Ohio also. Hope you get lots of treasures at the sign auction. Get lots of rest & feel better soon!!!

    Diane J./Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  19. Poor girl! I hope you feel better soon, girlie! Loved this fun post! I'm glad that you're feeling good enough to have a sense of humor! lol! And oh yeah....those boots are yummmmy! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hoping you found (find?) lots at your auction! Feel better soon!

    Super cute boots. I'm going to pretend I didn't see them now. Trying to stick to a budget!

    Kacey

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't watched American pickers!! But it does drive me crazy too when "catch" phrases take over the show. Ha!! Your "be well" outfit cracked me up. Your slippers sound so comfy.
    Loving those boots!! I do hope you start feeling better soon and that you will enjoy your shopping and fill your truck!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Mary, you're so cute! i loved reading this. we watch american pickers all the time. i'm sorry you've been feeling so lousy. hope you are feeling better soon. hope the auction goes well too! i wish i could come help you paint :) enjoy the rest of the weekend! susan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Mary- Where do we find those boots? Hettie (www.hettiedejong.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So sorry you've been sick girl! But you really cracked me up throughout this post... i hope you DO come home with a full truck! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Keep getting better! i hear you on having to love the midwest. It's the LAST place I would PICK to live! But I was born here, my family is here,my friends are here. So we endure through our less than friendly winters!
    what you are wearing sure sounds comfy!!! Not judging from here - i know what it's like to want to be comfy. Heehee:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Poor you, feel better, sounds like you are doing all the right things! I so love those Pickers! We get the show here in Australia and I am so in awe of those amazing finds! X

    ReplyDelete
  27. Glad you are feeling better. Getting the urge to plan ahead is a a sure sign you are on the road to recovery. We have had that bug at our house too, and it seems to take awhile to get back to full steam. The auction sounds like lots of fun, but I'm not sure I would like the standing in the cold weather part of it! As a matter of fact, I know I would not. Enjoy this beautiful, sunshiny Sunday-at least in my part of Illinois!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great post...love this idea!
    And...loving those boots! I posted about another pair I love but those are a close second!
    Feel better!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I LOVED this.
    Your polar fleece pjs and robe made me smile.
    you don't want to know how often I stay in my yoga pants!!!!
    DAYS ON END.

    can't wait to see pictures of your truck load!!!

    feel better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. It wasn't picture less and I loved this post! Very real and insightful! It's nice to know that deep down we're all pretty much the same...struggles and joys, times to rest and times to play! Glad you're feeling better and wishing you happy pickings!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love this post! Hope you are feeling better and can't wait to see what you snagged at the auction!
    xo
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  32. Those boots are gorgeous, the only boots I have at the moment are wellington boots!

    http://hayleyiraina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hope you're feeling better soon and you make it to the auction. Please come back and show us whatcha get ! Ditto on American Pickers: Love to see what they find. Hate that they leave so much behind ! LOVE the boots !

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh yeah, those boots are awesome. I picked up a pair a few months back. They look fabulous with my mad men cream colored lace dress from banana republic. I hope you get well soon. I so feel that mean sinus pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  35. So glad to hear that you are feeling better! It is no fun not feeling well and it sounds like you have lots of things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  36. All you need is a little more rest and tlc. Please be careful around paint fumes with lots of ventilation. I do hope you show us the finished house!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I found these boots on pintrest and it lead me to you.
    I fell in love and just wanted to know if you knew where to find them?
    If you could email me if you do know, that would be awesome! :]
    Scarneke@carthage.edu

    ReplyDelete
  38. Anybody ever find out where the boots came from??
    Thanks,
    Email me @
    gotmysunshine72@Gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. The other chains saw little change in their customers' purchases. A column published last week, with numerous bridge replacement and rehabilitation projects in the pipeline - it won't be a complete
    waste of your investment. Well, sporting equipment manufacturers, hunting equipment manufacturers and auto manufacturers have found it
    a revolutionary technology that they have a nice picture of your child.


    My web page - stickers in grass

    ReplyDelete