Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Urban Farmgirl invades Tattered Tiques!





I had so much fun this morning! The hubs and I got up early and loaded our truck Beverly Hillbillies style! Wire baskets were stacked on top of an old laundry cart...chairs with old chippy paint were handing over the edge, white pitchers and old toolboxes rattled in the back seat the whole way there....



 Destination?

 Tattered Tiques shop in Lake Barrington, IL


I am so excited to let my Chicagoland friends know that now you can now shop all the vintage goodness of Tattered Tiques...with a little Urban Farmgirl and Maple & Magnolia sprinkled in! 

Now doesn't that just sounds like it would be one crazy-wonderful, vintage-loving experience!?

(I took about 100 photos while I was there this morning, so thought I would share...)




I {LOVE} the thrill of the hunt when it comes to looking for vintage & antiques! 




To be able to share my finds with some of my local friends at a wonderful shop full of amazingly talented women is incredible! And just look at the merchandise...I have a feeling I will be spending every penny I make on this little adventure before I even walk out the door!





Julie & Anne are sisters and they own this cute shop along with their Mom, Nancy. All 3 of them are just so talented and SUPER fun which is just the cherry on top of it all! It was an instant click when I met them...I love girls with a great sense of humor! 

I was so excited to finally get to meet Susan from Maple & Magnolia in person today, too! She is just as fabulous in person as she is on her blog! Sweet, so very down to Earth. Her work is beyond incredible, as you surely must know. She works some magic with a paintbrush like I have never seen before! I have a feeling we are just going to keep buying each others things when we are in the shop! 



I brought in this antique wood laundry cart today. The shade of gray is just delicious...and the sound of the wheels and the slats of wood...I was {smitten} when I first found her! I hope someone gives this one a home quickly before I decide to bring it back home. 






And this workbench they have in the shop...AMAZING!!

(the little collection of clocks is calling my name, too!)




Tattered Tiques also carries Annie Sloan paints and waxes...so stop in if you need supplies!!




Ok, I am totally carried away with the photos on this post. This is just a teeny tiny sample of what you will find at the shop this weekend! 

If you stop in, tell them the Urban Farmgirl sent you! 

And I want to hear what you brought home! Show & Tell anyone??


You can find Tattered Tiques at:

22029 Pepper Road
Lake Barrington, IL 

They are open Thurs, Fri & Sat

Feb. 9th, 10th & 11th
Feb 16th, 17th, 18th

10am - 3pm