Monday, March 26, 2012

YAY! sunroom floor going in today!




As you are reading this today, the hubs and are a busy little bees laying a new floor in our sunroom. We need a 'temporary'new floor in this space because I just could not take one more second of the commercial carpet we inherited with it when we bought this house. I say 'temporary' due to the fact we will have hardwood put in this room when we have new installed in the adjacent great room sometime next year.

Ok...let me be slightly more honest...I tired of that carpet 6 months ago and ripped it out on a whim. I have lived with the plywood floors ever since, but it is time to be slightly more civilized. It would have been dreamy if I could have just painted the plywood floor that was there, but that pesky commercial carpet was glued down and left a mess all over the wood.

 Grrrr....


I was on an aimless stroll through Lowes the other day and happened on this beautiful...although vinyl...faux wood floor. Normally, I am not a 'faux girl', much less a 'vinyl girl', but they were running a killer sale, and I was armed with a coupon I found in my mailbox last week sent out in the mail. It came to  just under $180 to do the whole room, and it had great reviews on the Lowes.com website. After all that... I was feelin' the love.

And the fact that is will be easy to keep clean, was a major plus for me. My beloved 4-legged baby, Jake comes in from outside through this room about 10 times a day.

Muddy paws + vinyl floor = clean up so easy even the hubs can do it! 


And since the room will be 75% covered with one of these beauties...I was even more convinced I could live with it for a while.

(photo via Dash & Albert...not my color palette for this room..but love their rugs!)


Keep your fingers crossed for me that installation is as easy at it seems!

I'll report back tomorrow with a few photos and my 'product review'.

Happy Monday, girls!



16 comments:

  1. Oh happy day!!! Let us know what you think and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think it will be an easy install! And you will love it - even if it is 'faux'. I love my real hardwood but I've have some friends who have had the faux and it is amazingly real in it's 'faux-ness'!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the floor, i think it will look amazing.
    Greetings from holland

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh, exciting! love Dash & Albert Rugs too! looking forward to seeing it all...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how exciting. I can't wait to see the final results. Be sure to take lots of pics. Much love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for you! I can't wait to see which Dash and Albert you chose! I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun! I love getting big projects done and what a steal on the flooring. Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck! Can't wait to see the final result!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My brother used these in his son's bathroom. They really looked fine and worked out great in the "wet" room. Good luck. BTW, are you going to post pix of your last house flip?

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daughter put a floor like that in 8 years ago and it still looks like new..I still can't believe how it looks like real wood..Can't wait to see how your project turns out..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so thrilled for you, Mary! You are going to LOVE that floor! The one I installed is so very easy to keep clean, doesn't show any scratches or anything from Maizie's toenails. It's perfect for pet owners! Have fun installing it!!!! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds wonderful, can't wait to see the pix! How exciting!!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, I love this post. We just removed carpet from our sunporch and did the plank flooring from Lowes as well! We LOVE it. It takes a beating from our three dogs coming in and out but so far so good. Several people have even thought it was real wood.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We used that type of flooring in our side entryway and I have to say I like it. It's durable, gets wet and sloppy in the winter and blends in ok with the real hardwood when you walk into our dining room. Can't wait to see it all done. Love those rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so curious to see what kind of beauty will be!
    I will change home soon, and surely have no money to change all the awful floors with my loved real wood...
    I'm waiting for you... =)
    Have a nicevday
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw that sale last week while strolling through Lowes and am tempted to get it for our hallway. My problem is deciding which one...which color. What one did you pick?

    ReplyDelete