Wednesday, March 21, 2012

my visit to Vintage Junky




Ok, so I realize I have been home from my Nashville trip for a couple of weeks now...I took a little {too long} off from blogging, but now that I am back I just had to share with you one of my very favorite stops while I was there!

Vintage Junky in Spring Hill, Tennessee



I have always loved Michelle's blog, so when the opportunity popped up for me to tag along on a trip with the hubs to the Nashville area, I jumped on it! I was soooo excited to meet her in person! I am always so nervous meeting a fellow blogger for the first time. Are they what I will expect? Am I what they will expect? Will it be awkward dead silence or will we be like long lost best friends from the word go? Well, let me tell you...Michelle fits into my 'long lost best friend' category. {LOVE HER!} And her little family! I wish she could have closed up shop so we could have spent 2 days shopping our tails off around the Tennessee countryside. But, a little thing called 'business' got in the way, {darn responsibility, right?} so I took a raincheck, because I KNOW I will be back in Tennessee soon!

Brace yourself, there are a lot of photos ahead...and very little words. Michelle's shop is so awesome, it just does all the talking for me. And photos of pretty things are always the best part anyway!


Somehow I just knew when I walked up to this cute little entry, I was going to {love} what I found inside!



And WOW, was I right. I stepped inside and immediately knew I was in trouble. But the good kind of trouble...the kind where I wanted to buy every. single. thing. in her shop! Wait...is that a 'good' kind of trouble?? Guess it depends on how you look at it. To me - yes. Yes, it is. 

{sigh...)




Her husband, CJ makes the most amazing chalkboard art. I showed you the piece I had him design for my booth at the shows this summer...and I have a feeling as soon as I am done with this post I am going to be ordering another. I mean look at that trailer, would you??

 Love....




This little yellow cart was soooo close to coming home with me. I miss it already. 




Even her signs are cute, no? I would like to buy the silver...and the sign, please!




The 'Thank You' sign below came home with me. If you visit my booth at any of the shows I will be selling at this summer....you will see that beauty proudly displayed at the check out!







If you live near Nashville and want a piece of {GORGEOUS} custom painted furniture, Michelle is your girl! She does amazing work! I would love the dresser below for my guest room...



Speaking of custom painting...if you would like a custom chalk art piece of your own, don't forget CJ can do that, too! I am slightly obsessed with his work can you tell? 


{sigh...} 

I miss Tennessee. It is such a beautify state, with such beautiful little shops. I can't wait to go back! If you are in the area, you simply MUST make it to Vintage Junky. I promise you will love it, and love meeting Michelle and her little family! 

It is so great to know that the person behind the blog is just as {FABULOUS} as you knew she would be! I owe a big THANK YOU to Michelle for making me feel so welcome! I swear we could have talked forever...she should have just put me to work! I was there so long I could have painted a few pieces of furniture for her while I talked her ear off! 

Tomorrow I will be back with another of my very favorite places...this time it is in Franklin, Tennessee!

Happy Wednesday, girls! I am off to take photos for Etsy!

28 comments:

  1. what a great shop!

    I love the chalkboard art...it's wonderful

    xx kelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, what a cute place! I wish I could see it in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing! loved getting a little tour of her shop...awesome. glad you had a great trip, it will be fun to see more of your pics. have a great week! i'm off to check out michelle's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! I can't wait to visit her shop! We are going to Nashville next week :)
    I am also looking forward to more from you, We need hints as to the best places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her shop on Facebook! Beautiful photos of her shop! Wish i were closer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fUN trip!!! Wish I could have snagged that little green suitcase!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the chalkboard art. Thanks for taking us inside this beautiful shop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm obsessed with his chalkboard art too! And of course Michelle's shop is filled to the brim with beautiful things, wish she was local.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just recently found vintage junky's blog. Love it! And someday I WILL order a sign with 'sew a fine seam' on it somehow! Just can't decide what design I like best!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the chalkboard art!!! So cute! And her blog is super cute.....I stopped on by:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The chalkboard art is great for sure. Is it sealed in anyway? I'll have to add her blog to my "check it out" list.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was able to go to her shop a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. So happy you enjoyed your trip to our beautiful state!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You make me want to visit Tennessee! And the chalkboard art is amazing. We are glad you are back - keep on blogging UF!
    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was SO good to meet you! I wish you lived closer :) We would get in all kinds of trouble!! Thanks for the lovely post as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I second everything you said about Vintage Junky and Michelle. The shop is great and definitely worth the little bit of time off the interstate! Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh gosh, I would of had to take a trailer, such amazing goodies! His chaulkboard signs are killer! Off to visit her blog...thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love her blog and her shop looks even more amazing!!~
    Thank you for the little tour, I so wish I lived closer!!~
    Hope you have a lovely night.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Michelle's shop is just the type of place that I would love visit, packed full of lovely vintage finds. Thanks for the tour. I hope that your new Esty photos come out amazing, can’t wait to see what you list.
    Smiles, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great place..I love all of the photos..

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely little shop. So many wonderful items to see, I love it all. Thanks for taking us along on the trip. -al

    ReplyDelete
  21. ahhhh, love all of her things...such a great mix of vintage and industrial! love the chalkboard art and the "Thank You" one you bought. Glad you enjoyed your meeting with Michelle too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am taking a trip next month through Tennessee to Nashville, I hope I pass some of these shops

    I really like the chalk boards arts

    ReplyDelete
  23. How can I get the chalkboard art??? I will definitely be going to Springhill on my next trip to Nashville!

    ReplyDelete
  24. BEAUTIFUL! Love that shop and LOVE your blog - perfect result! x

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an adorable shoppe and such great items. What a wonderful treat to meet a fellow blogger. So cool!!'
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  26. Michelle and her hubby are so creative and talented, aren't they!! I am so jealous you got to visit her...sniff sniff...I wish I was there when you were there, that would have been a good time!! Thanks for sharing photos, I always love seeing her store! xo, T

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love Michelle! I live in the same area and stop by her shop whenever I can - she's just a doll :) Did you make it over to Nolensville? There's a row of great shops over in that area, too!

    ReplyDelete