Monday, May 16, 2011

cabbages & roses guest room...the reveal!






Well, I never thought I would ever get around to showing you the "after" of the Urban Plains project...but today is the day! For those of you not familiar with the UP Project, you can go here and here to read a little about how our collaboration came to be. It has been an AMAZING experience, and I cannot thank Cabbages & Roses enough for the opportunity to use yards and yards of their gorgeous fabric in my guest room!

I am going to keep this post to few words...so I hope you like what you see!




The headboard in the room is fully upholstered...done in C&R 'Hatley Cerise' linen. The softness and texture are incredible. I am truly in *love* with their linen fabrics!




They sent me a few pillows for the bed..the two matching ones are from the 'Podge' collection in the color Cerise. The one in the middle is a white linen. All have the cutest shell buttons for closure.







Andrea has inspired me to embrace what she calls the "unmade bed". Love that girl...who knew NOT making the bed could look so fantastic! She has made my day one step easier...haha!




This is the nightstand to the left of the bed...with my coveted dairy box underneath.




This is the one on the right...I *LOVE* that etched mirror!




Above the bed hangs a vintage chandi...just for a little extra sparkle at night...




I painted an antique dresser pale gray...I thought it would compliment the 'New Penny Pink' curtain fabric well. 




I added new crystal knobs to play off the chandelier...the vignette on the top I put together from things I found around the house. My grandmother's house blessing print is framed with a little chicken wire, the crusty old bottle holds a love note from the late 1800s.








I have a serious affinity for driftwood. I believe I have a little in every room in my house. I added some old metal hooks to this piece...perfect to hold the totes Andrea made for me out of the matching fabric from the room. She used the pattern from Christina's book Romantic Home Sewing.




The room has such a wonderful softness...it turned out so cozy and comfortable. I love how the light streams through the curtains...




And the bed makes me want to crawl in and stay all day. I think I may eventually hang a piece of architectural salvage above the bed...but for now I am enjoying the barn wood wall. I have such fun memories of taking that old barn down. It was a lot of work, but its just another page in my personal history book.




The girls at Cabbages & Roses sent me such a pretty journal for the room! I cannot wait to put it to use, because I have one requirement of all my guests. When they stay, I have a "guest book" on the nightstand and I ask them to make an entry before they leave. Sometimes it is funny, sometimes it is sweet...but I love looking back months later to read about the visit we had. I cannot wait to read about their first stay in the "new" room!




* sigh *

I owe Christina Strutt, Lily & Suzie a huge THANK YOU for this opportunity! And Andrea too, for taking my 924 phone calls and helping me decide how to best use all this gorgeous fabric!

I think I just may go lay down in my guest room today...with my pjs still on  and with a big stack of magazines. Just relax and soak in the beauty of the room. Sounds like a perfect day to me!

Oh, and be sure to go over and visit Andrea at Faded Plains, too! She did something incredible in her foyer using Cabbages & Roses fabric as wallpaper!

And did you know Cabbages & Roses has a blog? They do...pop over and visit...it is a great way to keep up with their latest products and projects!

Happy Monday, girls!