Tuesday, October 6, 2009

until we meet again...

October marked our last show for the year at the Kane County Flea Market.
I am going to miss you girls!
But...not to worry...I will still be painting throughout the winter!

I thought I would show you some of my favorite moments from the last show. I didn't have much time to take pictures because we were so darn busy...but that is a problem I love to have!



This is Bailey. I always think there is something so cool about a teenager that loves vintage things.
She is young, but very mature and had an elegant way about her...and those legs...I would kill for them.
She worked a summer job as a dance instructor (hence the legs)...and used the money she saved to buy herself this vanity table, mirror and chair.
Oh, and that frame around her neck, too...silly girl.
I hope to see her next year.




This was probably my most talked about piece this month.
It sat right out front, yelling out to everyone that walked by.
Soooo many people stopped and stared, commenting on its beauty.
In its former life it was a buffet...but with the legs made shorter my thought was a window seat...or for a chest at the end of a bed...or to hold a flat screen.
And that is exactly what its new owner is going to use it for. Her husbands huge, manly TV is going to sit on top of this wonderfully girly, ornate, white, antique buffet.
I love it.



This pretty much sums it up for me...





I am so happy I had the opportunity to meet this couple!
Romey is on the left and her boyfriend is Thorbin.
So not fair they are this good looking, geesh!
They are here from Germany, and came to the Market for the first time.
They were looking for furniture...and spent quite a long time at our booth.
It was so much fun talking to them and hearing about their life here and in Germany!

They purchased a dining table and chairs.
Oh, and Thorbin left me a voicemail yesterday about a couple other pieces he wants to pick up.
I am not erasing that message for a while. I love an accent, what can I say??




I am so happy so many of you stopped to say how you are going to miss us over the winter. That means so much. When I started this adventure, I never thought schlepping 2 trucks of furniture to a flea market every month would bring me so many wonderful friends. You girls are the best!

Call me...email me...or soon you can find my goodies on Etsy...but give me a couple of weeks to recover from the show. I hope to have everything ready to post online by the end of the month.

And to answer all those questions from those of you that are "local" to the Chicago area...YES...I will be making monthly deliveries to St. Charles and Schaumburg with your orders. Email me for details!